• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medicr224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    I have never been in this shop but I have to agree you need to keep a log of date serial number and cost is for no other reason for the unfortunate mishap of theft. Besides my insurance agent requested I keep all info in a safe place. Only takes 1 problem and it will pay for your time to write it down and keep it safe.

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I did a little research on your posts. You stripped the camo finish off the buttstock by using a solvent to clean the shotgun.

First of all, your issue (if you have a legitimate gripe) is with Mossberg, not Bradis.

Second, you're ticked at Mossberg and rather than focusing on them, you've decided to nuke Bradis and anyone else who defends them (me).

Third, only an idiot cleans a camo dip with a solvent.

Good day.

Mossberg has been wonderful to deal with and is very willing to correct the problem by having the gun re-dipped..

I didn't clean the camo with the solvent, it was secondary contact with the stock which resulted in the stripping of the camo... Mossberg believes that the product should hold up better than that.

And how very classy of you to call someone you don't know an idiot.. Bravo.. Feel like a big tough guy now? Lol

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Why?

If you recently purchased the Mossberg from Bradis, why did you not take the firearm back. We would have gladly shipped it back to Mossberg.

Anything that goes out the door we take care of for the first 30 days.

We do have a computer but there is no feasable way to store all the info on the system. It would take a very elaborate system involving massive storage.

As I have already stated, we can run a name search that will tell us that you bought the firearm but can not give you that info over the phone. We have no way of verifying that you are actually the person needing the info.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I will say that after this experience and the attacks by their minions they have lost a customer in me, my father, and a coworker I just spoke to... If they had just said they were busy that would be one thing that I could understand, but the fee is ridiculous.

I am HUGE on good customer service and I will pay more or drive farther to give my money to people like Top Guns or Indy Trading Post after this experience. I will also have no problem voicing my now spoiled opinion of Bradis, and as you said, why would they want even one unsatisfied customer? And obviously I had given them business before on multiple occasions and would have continued to do so until this BS.

I applaud you for your view on customer service!

I have read through all of the comments and I honestly do not see that you were attacked by "minions". I think you have brought up an issue that may or may not be valid and you did not get the response you might have thought. I do not know if they should have charged you for this, but I do know that I have been to Bradis on several occasions and have been treated very well, exceptionally well in fact. Many people on this forum probably feel the same way and what you viewed as minions are probably loyal customers who do not see the situation the same way you do. If you choose not to do business with them that is your choice. I, however, have been very satisfied with their service. Just my :twocents::twocents:

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    And I never blamed Bradis for what happened to the camo dip... Remind me where I said it was their fault?? I'm upset with them for lack of good customer service on today's date..

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    :nopity:
    I will say that after this experience and the attacks by their minions they have lost a customer in me, my father, and a coworker I just spoke to... If they had just said they were busy that would be one thing that I could understand, but the fee is ridiculous.

I am HUGE on good customer service and I will pay more or drive farther to give my money to people like Top Guns or Indy Trading Post after this experience. I will also have no problem voicing my now spoiled opinion of Bradis, and as you said, why would they want even one unsatisfied customer? And obviously I had given them business before on multiple occasions and would have continued to do so until this BS.

I applaud you for your view on customer service![/Q

Oh my gosh! You were wronged in your eyes one time and you come on here *****ing about it? If I *****ed on a fourm about every little thing that I didn't like about a store I would not have time to get anything done.

I was in a shop a year ago and was 2nd in line to be helped when they were done the clerk just walked away. Then another clerk came up and stood right in front of me and started doing paper work without even saying, can I help you? He acted like I wasn't even there. After about 10 minutes I asked him if we would bother to wait on me.

My point is, I never *****ed about it here or anywhere else (until now). I still go to this same shop as I have for years. One bad customer service from one employee does not turn me off. As other have stated you should have got off you butt and found the receipt yourself. Why complain here because Bradis did not want to waste time looking up something for you for free, are you special? Oh that's right, you're a cop, you expect it to be done for free for you don't you?

Sorry about the rant and I did not mean that last sentence against all cops, just the one's that do expect special treatment.

Last edited:

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you recently purchased the Mossberg from Bradis, why did you not take the firearm back. We would have gladly shipped it back to Mossberg or had it repaired.

Because I had already spoked with Mossberg and arranged for the gun to be re-dipped. It was past the thirty day mark and I was not in need of a middle man to make sure this was taken care of thanks to the swift and helpful response by the Mossberg rep.

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    that's right, you're a cop, you expect it to be done for free for you don't you?

Sorry about the rant and I did not mean that last sentence against all cops, just the one's that do expect special treatment.

What?!?!?! Where does what I do for a living come into this argument??? You obviously don't even know what I do exactly.... I have not said one thing about this having anything to do with work..

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I just looked up the Mossberg 500 Owners Manual on line:

Here is a quote from page 10:
    Camo guns: Caution should be exercised to avoid exposure of camouflage pattern to strong solvents.

At some point, you and your dad need to accept some responsibility for the failure of the finish. If Mossberg is willing to correct the error, good for them. If Bradis won't give firearm info over the phone to anyone, good for them too.

What this clusterfluck did not need is you ragging on Bradis for YOUR problem.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Folks get cranky when they can't buy any ammo. Folks are just looking for anything to argue about.

OP, didn't meant to poke you about the auto correct spelling. I just thought Modsberg was kind of funny.

As for the rest of the people here giving you a hard time, ignore them.

134738d1314145686-ignore-me.jpg

PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I work in a service industry and try my best everyday to treat customers like I would want to be treated. I don't know how much business I have got by simply returning a phone call, or taking the time to answer somebodies question. I have even heard "you are the only person that I have got a call back from" I can only sit back and say wow. I'm glad other people don't take the time to make call backs or take five minutes to explain something because I have secured a lot of business from it. But geez it's kind of sad when you think about it. There has been several times when I've known i'm not going to make a sale because of this conversation.... But maybe someday that person will be ready to buy, and our conversation will stick out in their mind and they will come back to me. Word of mouth advertising is probably more effective than any other form of advertising.. Good or bad.

Top Bottom