• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Got their flier about "S&W Days" and it had "• SAVE $20.00 ON ALL M&P PISTOLS, PLUS GET A FREE M&P BARRICADE TACTICAL BACKPACK (A $59.95 VALUE)!". I wanted a S&W M&P Shield 9 and so I dropped in this morning and indicated I wanted to purchase one. They sent me to the cashier where they were located and they started to purchase proceedure. After filling out the 4473, I notice a flier on the desk with the same text as the e-mail, except someone had hand written "EXCLUDING SHIELDS" beside the $20 off/backpack offer.
    I went ahead with the purchase since I drove all the way up from Bloomington and had already filled out the form. The person helping me seemed new and barely able to keep the process going, so I decided not to mention that they should have sent a followup e-mail with the correction.

This obviously isn't a major issue, it's only $20 and I don't know if I care about the backpack, but my experience wasn't as awesome as it probably should have been or at the very least, I should have received a correction e-mail at some point as most merchants do when they make a mistake in their ad e-mails.

Bradis Guns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    This obviously isn't a major issue, it's only $20 and I don't know if I care about the backpack, but my experience wasn't as awesome as it probably should have been or at the very least, I should have received a correction e-mail at some point as most merchants do when they make a mistake in their ad e-mails.

You weren't the first person to inquire about the backpack w/ Shield purchase today, thus the hand-written note on the signs. That said, there was no "mistake" in the Email; the Shield is its own model, even though it may say "M&P" on the slide (the new Bodyguards have the M&P logo too, as do some of their revolvers, and the bags and lights we're giving away). All of the guns with associated giveaway items had blue tags clearly stating the sale price and giveaway; the Shields did not have such a tag (but they were priced $10 cheaper than we normally run them). We are sorry for the misunderstanding; in retrospect we probably could have worded the Email ad more clearly, and we have changed our INGO and Facebook posts accordingly to prevent such confusion tomorrow. Thanks for making the drive up to see us today; we hope you will continue to give us your business in the future.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You weren't the first person to inquire about the backpack w/ Shield purchase today, thus the hand-written note on the signs. That said, there was no "mistake" in the Email; the Shield is its own model, even though it may say "M&P" on the slide (the new Bodyguards have the M&P logo too, as do some of their revolvers, and the bags and lights we're giving away). All of the guns with associated giveaway items had blue tags clearly stating the sale price and giveaway; the Shields did not have such a tag (but they were priced $10 cheaper than we normally run them). We are sorry for the misunderstanding; in retrospect we probably could have worded the Email ad more clearly, and we have changed our INGO and Facebook posts accordingly to prevent such confusion tomorrow. Thanks for making the drive up to see us today; we hope you will continue to give us your business in the future.

Let's see, from the email:

HANDGUNS
    SAVE $20.00 ON ALL M&P PISTOLS, PLUS GET A FREE M&P BARRICADE TACTICAL BACKPACK (A $59.95 VALUE)!

All M&P pistols means all to most people, I can see why there were a lot of questions asked. The Shield is an M&P Shield, so I would expect it to be covered. Anyway, glad to hear you changed the online info. Hopefully that'll reduce confusion and disappointment.

In any event, the thing that caught my eye was the M&P 9mm or .40 mags on sale for under $30. That puts them at a pretty decent price, so kudos for that! I'm tempted to hit the place today and pick up a couple at that price :)

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Appreciate your reply Shooter, though I obviously disagree that the Shield isn't an M&P handgun since it has M&P stamped on the slide. Bradis might want let S&W know that these aren't M&P handguns since they list them under "M&P Handguns" on their website.

If you guys meant only M&P 9/40/45 pistols, that's easy enough to put in the e-mail. I also didn't think this is a big enough deal as I bought the pistol anyway, I just wanted to air this so Bradis would have the feedback and INGO members wouldn't make the same assumption I did since Bradis isn't going to send out a clarification e-mail.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Appreciate your reply Shooter, though I obviously disagree that the Shield isn't an M&P handgun since it has M&P stamped on the slide. Bradis might want let S&W know that these aren't M&P handguns since they list them under "M&P Handguns" on their website.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, the Shield 9/40 is listed as a separate column under "M&P" handguns, as are the "M&P 9" "M&P .40" "M&P .45" "M&P Bodyguard" and "M&P revolvers". I would argue that S&W is making such an effort to grow the M&P "brand" that they're putting the logo on all sorts of things that aren't "M&Ps" per se. When we order "9mm M&Ps" from our distributors, they don't send us Shields. If you go into any shop in town and ask to see a "9mm M&P," I'm betting you won't be shown a Shield. The distinction is so obvious (to us) that it didn't even occur to us that we needed to word the ad so specifically. A few people did inquire, so perhaps our assumption was erroneous.

If you guys meant only M&P 9/40/45 pistols, that's easy enough to put in the e-mail.

We have changed our INGO and Facebook ads to read exactly that, and will be sending out another Email this morning. We do appreciate your feedback, and your business. :ingo:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    At the risk of beating a dead horse, the Shield 9/40 is listed as a separate column under "M&P" handguns, as are the "M&P 9" "M&P .40" "M&P .45" "M&P Bodyguard" and "M&P revolvers". I would argue that S&W is making such an effort to grow the M&P "brand" that they're putting the logo on all sorts of things that aren't "M&Ps" per se. When we order "9mm M&Ps" from our distributors, they don't send us Shields. If you go into any shop in town and ask to see a "9mm M&P," I'm betting you won't be shown a Shield. The distinction is so obvious (to us) that it didn't even occur to us that we needed to word the ad so specifically. A few people did inquire, so perhaps our assumption was erroneous.

Great, you don't give me the $20 discount AND you kill my horse. Thanks.

You guys really need to think about how you order your pistols if you are simply ordering "9mm M&Ps" from your distributors. S&W's website lists 24 different SKU numbers for the M&P9 on their website, of which the M&P Shield 9mm is one. I realize language gets chopped up for speed of communication and to your shop an M&P is really a M&P9/M&P40/M&P45, but when you advertise, you need to be clear about what you are offering and what you aren't.

M&P9 - 9mm - Smith & Wesson

Top Bottom