• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just wanted to say that Bradis treated my family pretty good this weekend. Saturday, my youngest brother bought his first glock, a 19. He wanted an AK47 but the one he wanted was gone. But he's very happy with his Glock 19.
    Today my dad bought a Glock 19. Also got a skull and cross bones "vanity plate" for it. My mom liked it a lot, so got a cross "vanity plate" for her Glock 19 too.
    I must be wearing off on them. I have 2 glocks, now they are starting to get the fever.
    Don't know what we'd do without Bradis....

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I would like to shop at bradis but the last time I went in their I let them know I'd never come back. I don't know if this is really the law but I wanted to see a gun my GF said shed buy me for my birthday, long story short they told me that I couldn't even touch the gun and treated me like I had no idea what I was talking about. But they do have very good prices, should I give them another shot, BTW they wouldn't let me hold the gun cause I'm 18

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Today my dad bought a Glock 19. Also got a skull and cross bones "vanity plate" for it. My mom liked it a lot, so got a cross "vanity plate" for her Glock 19 too.

Wish I'd known those were your folks; Dave (shockabookoo) wrote up his gun and I did the parts install. :ingo:

I would like to shop at bradis but the last time I went in their I let them know I'd never come back. I don't know if this is really the law but I wanted to see a gun my GF said shed buy me for my birthday, long story short they told me that I couldn't even touch the gun and treated me like I had no idea what I was talking about. But they do have very good prices, should I give them another shot, BTW they wouldn't let me hold the gun cause I'm 18

If you are under 21, a shop employee cannot legally hand you a handgun, nor can they allow anyone other than a parent or guardian to buy it for you. Sorry if you felt you were treated poorly; perhaps the employee could've conducted themselves better, but they were correct in their actions. Understanding that, I sincerely hope you will come into the shop again; we'd be happy to sell you a rifle or shotgun.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wish I'd known those were your folks; Dave (shockabookoo) wrote up his gun and I did the parts install. :ingo:

If you are under 21, a shop employee cannot legally hand you a handgun, nor can they allow anyone other than a parent or guardian to buy it for you. Sorry if you felt you were treated poorly; perhaps the employee could've conducted themselves better, but they were correct in their actions. Understanding that, I sincerely hope you will come into the shop again; we'd be happy to sell you a rifle or shotgun.

That's ok! Dad's been going there for a long time. Said he always liked it better when you were there at the same time. He loves to hear you talk about guns. Says he learns a lot just listening to you talk about them to other people.

Bradis Guns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    You asked and it has happened

You guys wanted to know why Bradis was not a Supporter. Well ask no more. Shooter521 and Simon6101 discussed it with the Owners and as soon as the check makes it where it needs to go Bradis guns will be a Site Advertiser. Simon6101 will be monitoring the questions and will return responses as quickly as possible. Thanks to all of you that support us WE do appreciate your business!!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You guys wanted to know why Bradis was not a Supporter. Well ask no more. Shooter521 and Simon6101 discussed it with the Owners and as soon as the check makes it where it needs to go Bradis guns will be a Site Advertiser. Simon6101 will be monitoring the questions and will return responses as quickly as possible. Thanks to all of you that support us WE do appreciate your business!!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot:

Welcome, Bradis! Now, I really have a reason to spend my money there! :rockwoot: Well, besides the very nice young lady who looks like Danica Patrick. :D I think she sold me a Springfield 1911 one day, but I can't find it. :laugh:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

When it comes to pistols good things come to those who wait till they are 21.

Wait till you are 21 then go in and buy one for yourself... I have never been fan's of people that buy things for people that are under age.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Well I sure am glad that bradis is down on the southwest side, cuz if they were anywhere close to McCordsville or Fortville they would probably charge me rent for being there so much. Seriously tho, Bradis does need to open up something up here on the N E side....pretty plzzzz!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    When it comes to pistols good things come to those who wait till they are 21.

Wait till you are 21 then go in and buy one for yourself... I have never been fan's of people that buy things for people that are under age.

It is perfectly legal for an 18 year old to own a handgun. It is a violation of federal law for a FFL dealer to sell a handgun to anyone under 21. The FFL can legally sell the firearm to the 18-, 19-, or 20-year-old's parent(s) for delivery to him or her. It is also legal for them to sell it to someone else as long as they do not know or suspect that it is for delivery to an under-21.

I see no problem with a purchase of a firearm. I see no problem with someone selling a firearm to an 18-20-year-old who can lawfully own it. What I see a problem with are idiotic, prohibitive laws that nonsensically and unConstitutionally restrict the purchase of lawful items by lawful persons.

But hell, what do I know? :dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Never had any problems there holding guns buying either there always full of people they have always been polite weather just looking or even wtha friend Bradis has my vote

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    If you are under 21, .... nor can they allow anyone other than a parent or guardian to buy it for you.

IANAL. However.........

I've never seen anything written anywhere, which required the purchaser of a handgun for someone under 21 years old, to be a parent or guardian. A responsible person over the age of 21 years old, yes.

However, if memory recall correctly, the age 21 only applies to FFL handgun sales to a buyer. Private FTF transfers, I believe, only need be 18 years of age. At least here within Indiana.

Bradis Guns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Federal form

It may not be in writing but when we call you in and the age doesn't match the purchase we sure hear about it from the FEDS!!!!;)

Top Bottom