• indytoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got this piece of recruitment:

Brady Campaign President Coming To Indy

Indianapolis, Indiana - President of the Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence, Paul Helmke, will be speaking at the IUPUI campus in the Lecture Hall Building (325 University Boulevard, room 101) on Saturday, August 15, 2009 from 6:30pm - 8pm. The speaking presentation is free to the public, however there is a $5.00 suggested donation. There will be a fund-raiser reception starting at 5pm to benefit Hoosiers Concerned About Gun Violence (HCGV) with an admission of $30.00. Donations are tax deductible.

HCGV was founded in 1990. It brings together Hoosiers concerned about the appalling toll of gun violence to seek solutions at the local, state and national levels. HCGV wants to build a coalition of partners to take steps to safeguard family members in homes with guns and decrease the availability of guns to criminals.

"Gun violence remains a critical problem for citizens of Indiana and Indianapolis," said HCGV President Steve Dunlop.

In 2004 Indianapolis reported 1551 robberies with a gun, and 796 assaults with a gun, and 77 gun homicides. In 2008, there were 97 gun homicides; things aren’t getting better in this regard. Indiana also had an average of 404 gun suicides every year from 2001-2005. In the United States, suicide rates and homicide rates are correlated with the percentage of households in the state owning guns. In Indiana 44% of households reported gun ownership, a decrease of 4% from 2000.

"Indiana is still a high gun ownership state, and we have the problems that come with that," said Dunlop. "There are steps Indiana could take to make things better. Mandating safe gun storage can lower death by injury and suicide. Requiring screening of all gun sales could make it more difficult for criminals to obtain guns. Educating people on the very high risk associated with owning a gun for personal protection might discourage gun ownership. Our legislature has instead looked at bills to extend gun violence to college campuses and workplaces; at least they turned the bills down," said Dunlop.

The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence and its legislative and grass roots affiliate, the Brady Campaign and its dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters, is the nation’s largest, non-partisan, grass roots organization leading the fight to prevent gun violence.

"We make it too easy for dangerous people to get guns in this country, and in Indiana," said Paul Helmke. "There are common-sense steps we can take to keep guns from felons, fugitives and domestic abusers while respecting Second Amendment rights."

Helmke, the former three-term mayor of Fort Wayne, has been the head of the Brady Campaign and Brady Center, based in Washington D.C., since July 2006. He was the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Indiana in 1998.

To register for this event, go to Hoosiers Concerned About Gun Violence or call 317.636.2388.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I would guess that if they had people show up OC'ing that they would just call the police and the officers that responded would have no choice but to ask you to leave.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I would guess that if they had people show up OC'ing that they would just call the police and the officers that responded would have no choice but to ask you to leave.

No, first they would ask you to leave, and you would leave on your own accord to avoid a trespassing charge.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Get rid of urban areas. :)

(I had hoped MARCIA was going to be here...not THEM! I just got my kids on to Brady Bunch seasons 1 and 2. They are hooked)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So who's going???? Protest time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign Ideas:
    "Heroin is banned - Criminals still manage to get it"
    "When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns"
    "We are defenders of our families"
    "Why make it illegal to protect yourselves?"
    "Enforce our current laws"
    "What part of 'Shall not be infringed' Don't you understand?"
    "30 Years a Gun Owner - Never Murdered Anyone"
    "Punish criminals not good-citizens"
    "Ban Ice Cream - Prevent Obesity"
    "Gun owners are defenders not offenders"

Get off your couches and stand up for your freedom!!! Educate some of the sheep that the Brady Bunch is brainwashing!!

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    "Gun violence remains a critical problem for citizens of Indiana and Indianapolis," said HCGV President Steve Dunlop.

Once again, the gun comes alive and causes violence. Zombie Guns!!:rolleyes:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, seriously people, we HAVE TO show up in large numbers for this one. Come on, I'm in. I have nothing better to do! :p Seriously people. This is our chance to make a statement here!

And no one come up with the lame excuse what if some nut job shows up. Think like that and you can kiss your rights goodbye!

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

Once again, the gun comes alive and causes violence. Zombie Guns!!:rolleyes:

Just say when and where and I'll bring my Zombie Dog also! :rockwoot:
    IMG00614.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Event Details

Here's your chance to shine, INGO.

IUPUI Campus - Lecture Hall Building
    325 University Boulevard
    Room 101
    Indianapolis, IN

Saturday, August 15, 2009

5:30 - 7:00 PM CST
    6:30 - 8:00 PM EST

We need some to be inside the meeting and ask intelligent questions and point out intelligent pro-gun points.

Also we need people outside the building with their signs. Must follow campus rules about carrying.

GOOD LUCK

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Here's your chance to shine, INGO.

IUPUI Campus - Lecture Hall Building
    325 University Boulevard
    Room 101
    Indianapolis, IN

Saturday, August 15, 2009

5:30 - 7:00 PM CST
    6:30 - 8:00 PM EST

We need some to be inside the meeting and ask intelligent questions and point out intelligent pro-gun points.

Also we need people outside the building with their signs. Must follow campus rules about carrying.

GOOD LUCK

I'll be there! I'll be outside though. I don't have any intelligent questions for them because that's like talking Quantum Physics with a 4 year old. Deer in the Headlights looks all around... I don't think I have the patience right now for that.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Alright, tell your friends. Might consider bumping the INGO Call-out to the OP or start a separate post to grab attention.

GUN RIGHTS PROTESTERS NEEDED!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just passed it on to the Indy Defenders of Liberty. It may not be about Health care, but there's a huge base of protesters that are on our side. Maybe we can recruit some of them. :D :thumbsup:

:patriot:

Top Bottom