• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    100% correct and that is exactly why I don't respect them or their views. They are not interested in civil discussion for the purpose of discovering practical or philosophical truths, they are only interested in being seen as "winning" or being "right" - and they will use any means necessary to achieve that end.

In all honesty, aren't we too just as interested in winning and being right? I mean, you said it yourself, you don't respect them or their views. Why would you expect any different behavior from them? Why would you expect them to look at you any differently?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    In all honesty, aren't we too just as interested in winning and being right? I mean, you said it yourself, you don't respect them or their views. Why would you expect any different behavior from them? Why would you expect them to look at you any differently?

In this instance I was referring specifically to the Brady Campaign and don't mean anti-gun people in general - some of those came around or at least reevaluated their position after thoughtful discussion, just as I reevaluated and refined my position as well. Today, I realize that those people are few and are NOT part of the Brady Campaign or any other such organization. I certainly didn't start out with that view, but experience has shown my initial naivety. In the beginning many years ago, I was interested in learning what the facts surrounding the subject were and engaged in discussion to that end. As time and various discussions and debate occurred, I discovered that their motives for debate were not altruistic, but rather were sinister - as this announcement from the NSSF wisely highlights. Thoughtful discussion with the likes of the Brady Campaign is not possible. I do believe thoughtful altruistic discussion is possible with mildly anti-gun or gun-agnostic individuals, as well as pro-gun individuals like myself.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In this instance I was referring specifically to the Brady Campaign and don't mean anti-gun people in general - some of those came around or at least reevaluated their position after thoughtful discussion, just as I reevaluated and refined my position as well. Today, I realize that those people are few and are NOT part of the Brady Campaign or any other such organization. I certainly didn't start out with that view, but experience has shown my initial naivety. In the beginning many years ago, I was interested in learning what the facts surrounding the subject were and engaged in discussion to that end. As time and various discussions and debate occurred, I discovered that their motives for debate were not altruistic, but rather were sinister - as this announcement from the NSSF wisely highlights. Thoughtful discussion with the likes of the Brady Campaign is not possible. I do believe thoughtful altruistic discussion is possible with mildly anti-gun or gun-agnostic individuals, as well as pro-gun individuals like myself.

Gotcha.

The most disingenuous term these days is, "common-sense law"...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Make it so, Number One!

engage.gif

Top Bottom