• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some great stories shared here!
    My kid is well behaved... a lot of people comment on it. He was voted 'most polite' when graduating elementary school lol.
    He's going into 8th grade, and after his first advanced honors class (math, in 7th grade), he is now taking on honors english & science next year as well.
    He is enjoying scouts, and making progress...
    If he were my kid, I'd brag about him... He looks a helluva lot like me, but I'm beginning to think maybe he is the mailman's kid or something...

From an outsiders view point I do see you in him.....really man I do.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Oldest is 26.Rose-Hulman graduate. Married and working as an engineer. Student notes almost paid off.

Youngest is 21. Engaged. Just got his associates degree in forensic police type stuff. Wants to be a CO so he's lifeguarding at the State Park pool in Brown County and at the local YMCA until he can get involved in the qualification steps for Conservation Officer school.

They're both better'n 6'8". I'm 5'11". Great kids. I'm a lucky guy.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Oldest son graduated IU a few years ago, including spending a semester at University of Kent, Canterbury, UK, and is now traveling while making nature/eco videos. Big into drama in HS. He was determined to see 25 countries before he was 25 and made it with an extra to spare. Had to put extra pages in his passport. Shoots well, has his own Mosin.

Oldest daughter graduated Summa last year from college (semester abroad in Costa Rica - she speaks Spanish like a native), and in high school was valedictorian, homecoming queen and captain of the CC team. Also International Leo of the Year (Lions Club) and president of their service organization. Ran out of Spanish classes in HS and had to take university classes. Never got a B in her life until junior year in college (an indoor soccer class where she had to leave the country before the final). Ran the Chicago Marathon a few years ago. Spending the next year in Beijing helping Chinese English teachers to better teach English. She is already learning to speak and write Chinese. Shoots well but doesn't like the Mosin - prefers an SKS.

Youngest daughter got good grades in HS and also into drama, at school officially and at home unofficially. Spent some time in the Dominican, went to IU for a year. Taking a year off to explore options. Best shot in the family - she had old guys at the range ask her to teach them to shoot after demonstrating her skill with a Ruger P94.

Youngest son is the Boy Scout - always has his scout bag of prep items with him, and always demonstrates proper knife handling techniques. Good grades so far - honor roll, etc. Could do with less video games, but learned lots of useful stuff he used in class from Age of Mythology. Good shot with a 22. We'll be working on larger calibers this year. Only left-hander in the family.

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Two of my kids are men. Both Eagles Scouts, both married with children, both hard working, both successfully graduated university with little to no debt, one served in the USMC and Iraq, one is the president of his kids little league, one has a Masters one is an undergrad working on a Masters, both have contributed to the fact we have a lot of grand children. Both are WAY better men than I.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Lot's of proud parents in this thread, add me to the list.

Son is 33, valedictorian of his high school class, got the Lilly Scholarship that paid for four years at Purdue, including a semester at Oxford. Graduated with a degree in Industrial Engineering and now employed at Cummins, Inc. Got his MBA From IU Kelly School last year. Married to a Purdue grad middle school teacher and has a one year old son.

Daughter is 29, Education degree from IU with Masters from Ball State. Middle School math and High School science teacher. Married to great guy with two great kids.

Top Bottom