• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    I have one of these I bought a few months ago and I haven't even tried it yet. I sure hope I don't have any trouble out of it. I sure don't like gun trouble, it's the worst!

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    sounds like a good place to drop some cash. im not in that area too often, as I live south of Bloomington. but my sister is in southport, next time I go for a visit, I will have to drop in and see what I can bring back south with me. glad to hear of a good experience from a gun dealer. not glad you had to deal with a defective gun though.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah, upon doing some more research it seems the tolerances on the magazine disconnect in the ruger are VERY tight. The magazine being just a smidge too short = no trigger.

The M&P has a disconnect too but it's engaged even if the magazine is not fully inserted as it activates at about 1/2" from full insertion. Needless to say the magazine disconnect in the M&P seems to be a much better design.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Was at Beech Grove Firearms today enjoying the range with my 1911 and my .22LR Bolt-Action Marlin... Decided I would pick up a .22LR pistol... Saw they had a Ruger SR22 in the case so I bought it at $329.

Did a field strip and clean and then oiled it and then fired it. I got 5 rounds through the gun before the trigger suddenly failed to reset. I dropped the magazine and cleared the chamber, and did everything I could think of to get the trigger to reset and it simply would not. The trigger stays back when pulled and you can put your finger behind it to push it forward [but this still won't cause it to be able to fire no matter what I do].

The range master as well as a couple other people at BGF tried to check it out/see if they could figure it out and none of us could get the firearm to function.

All of that said, I'm pretty disappointed. I'm fairly certain Ruger will take care of me - but this sort of issue [imho] shouldn't have happened to begin with.

I'm googling/researching to see if I can find if others have had this issue and haven't found any that have. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but it almost feels like there should be a spring to reset the trigger that is either broken or simply disconnected - but I don't know the inner workings of the SR-22 well enough to know...

If anybody has any tips/ideas/suggestions I am all ears as I obviously can't contact Ruger until Monday.

Make sure the Mag is completely seated... Wife swore here's did same thing on first trip to the range come to find out that is normal if the Mag doesn't fully engage safety...

Top Bottom