• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    Picked up a Brave Response Holster the other day and thought it was a cool idea, now having 2nd thoughts.
    I liked the idea it held my different .45's and 9's but looks very cheap when you look at it.
    Does anyone have any current experience with this holster? I saw back in 2017 a thread but only 4 replies.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I wouldn't buy based on brand name lols... Idk why every pop up brand has to have pop words "response" "systems" "development" "tactical".... Looking at the holster I definitely wouldn't be a buyer. Every respectable trainer I've watched or sat through class with has suggested against retention holsters for concealed carry. Retention holsters on a utility belt or leg holster make sense, dude might be trying to disarm the officer. Concealed carry they shouldn't know you have it, and while carrying if someone threatens to get physical, I'm backing away or preparing to draw before they get hands on me. That retention strap seems like trouble. It looks like a soft holster which can be difficult and add a nylon retainer that will eventually fray and snag, it all equals a no thanks from me. Reholstering would be an absolute nightmare if you drew and then decided you would rather just escape. Not wise to run away with a gun in hand, you'll probably end up face down with taser barbs, or worse in you.

There are a few good names in holsters that I always end up going back to. Bladetech (the total eclipse is an amazing concealment iwb/owb option), Raven (lots of goodness especially with their newer more durable plastic), safariland, alien gear. For custom Kydex I'm an Eclipse fan.

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    Thanks for the feedback Ggreen I appreciate it! Everything you mentioned was exactly right. I'll be sending it back since it's within the 2 month try-out period.
    Appreciate the advice on the holsters I'll look at the Bladetech and the Eclipse.

Top Bottom