• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Raw Milk Crackdown | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment
    “They came in the dark, shining bright flashlights while my family was asleep, keeping me from milking my cows, from my family, from breakfast with my family and from our morning devotions, and alarming my children enough so that the first question they asked my wife was, ‘Is Daddy going to jail?’”

That’s how Amish farmer Dan Allgyer described an early morning visit last week from two FDA agents, two U.S. Marshals, and a Pennsylvania state trooper. Apparently, investigating a single farmer for possibly trafficking raw milk across state lines requires a show of force.

But we were born free.

41mag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Carmel
    Oh my God I wonder if I should pack up my family and hide in the mountain.I know every one in my house have eaten raw eggs !!!!!!!

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    this article just goes to show you that even if you are off the grid and even off the century, your azz is still gonna get harrassed and owned by the feds!!!!

whats America coming too when even the Amish become illegal traffickers.

BUBBA: "hey jedidiah, what are you in here for???"

JEDIDIAH: interstate trafficking.

BUBBA: oh hard core man!! what was it?? meth, coke, weed?

JEDIDIAH: Nah brodder, twas Milk ferm e cow

BUBBA: huh?? bend over and assume the possition

41mag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Carmel
    ihateiraq if you have eaten ceaser salad then you probably have eaten raw eggs [dressing],and i could never stop the children from cleaning out the bowl from cake or Browne mix. It's said by our almighty rulers that it's not safe because of salmonella but i have never known of anyone getting sick personally.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    ihateiraq if you have eaten ceaser salad then you probably have eaten raw eggs [dressing],and i could never stop the children from cleaning out the bowl from cake or Browne mix. It's said by our almighty rulers that it's not safe because of salmonella but i have never known of anyone getting sick personally.

hmm. regardless, i think ill stick to cooking them.

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Wow! Talk about harassment! My family drinks nothing but raw milk. We have our own cow. I won't say what happens to what we don't use?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You guys have it all wrong. Dear leader loves you and wants to protect you from your own bad decisions. Do not question the intentions of he who loves you for he is truly great.

trustme.jpg

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Since about the mid 90's most ceaser dressings don't contain raw eggs. Most decent establishments will bring the egg to your table and have YOU crack it in the bowl before they prepare your dressing to skirt any potentional liability.

1 in 20,000 chance of Salmonella.

What they DON'T say is that is for commercially raised chickens fed insane hormones and diet.

I don't have the exact percentage handy for free range chickens, but it is in the magnitude of 1 of 200,000 for risk of Salmonella contamination.

I occasionally shoot a raw egg from FREE RANGE chickens. The health benefits are substaintial.

Pasteurization has some horrible effects on foods and juices. However when it comes to mass production of food, it is a necessary evil because large corporations do not work hard enough to ensure food safety.

That said, if a consenting person wants to drink raw milk or eat a raw egg... WHO CARES?!?!??!

Personal choice and provided the packaging or labeling of the product isn't misleading, again WHO CARES!?!?!?!

BTW Raw milk is delicious. I can't stand the crap they sell in the stores anymore. Same goes for eggs, start eating free range eggs and you won't be able to go back.

One thing I miss about Florida (among many things) is FRESH and unpasteurized orange juice. The stuff sold in the stores varies from nasty to down right disgusting. Again, thanks to mass production, lax safety standards and the necessary pasteurization to protect us from their sloppiness :xmad:

For all you pasteurization lovers, keep in mind all that produce we eat that never gets pasteurized. Sprays only do so much... look at how few and far between the salmonilla poisionings are there.

Don't even get me started on grain fed beef and the fact your average hamburger contains beef from as many as 1,000 cows! :n00b:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Maybe they like easy targets. You can beat an Amish man to death before he will defend himself. They are often (almost always) pacifists.

Protip: Do not mistake Mennonites for pacifists. While many are also often pacifists, there is an apocryphal story circulating at the college in Ohio that I attended. A group of youths of ill repute were harassing the local Amish. One day, they decided to try and rob a group of Mennonite men. They got their arses beat.

My point of this story... Feds intervene on those they know are easy target.

A shame that Amish are pacifists, most of them are probably harder than coffin nails. Ever shake an Amish man's hand?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Ok, maybe I'm weird, but did no one else watch Rocky for the very first time and then try drinking a glass of raw eggs before a workout? They didn't taste good but I didn't get sick either.

Top Bottom