• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I'll probably end up trying one, but it is kind of ugly. The B5 SOPMOD Bravo looks much better....I also notice it was compared to full size, and skeletonized stocks, but not to the Bravo, something that it is closest to.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I am really interested to see this in person. I currently have a B5 Sopmod Enhanced, and it is definitely my favorite stock, however, there are a lot of hard edges and protruding bits to snag, the (standard) adjustment lever isn't easy to manipulate without looking at it, and it is fairly heavy.

My biggest concern from pictures is the small amount of material at the front edge of the sling slot, and the angle of the cheek weld (compared to my personal preference for the standard Sopmod angle). FWIW, I had concerns about BCM's charging handles and KMR forend when I had only seen internet pictures, and in person I completely changed my mind.

For $60, I would strongly consider it against the options from Magpul, B5, etc.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Well they both have things that you can put against your shoulder, both have a place to rest your cheek, and both have shoulder things that go up.... they must be the same.

Insert purple as needed.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    A lawsuit for ??????

My thoughts as well. If anything, the MagPul SL looks very similar not the EMOD/IMOD.

MagPul
    263_1397_large.jpg

BCM
    02.jpg

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Not sure how many different designs can come out that isnt already out there.

There is going to be some similarities between any of them but the Vltor and BCM is not even close.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    it is very ugly imo but I really like the weight of it. I have yet to have a problem with anything BCM makes. it has nice features and I doubt bcm would just put out any old product. On top of that the price is very solid

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I am also interested in this stock. A company i know and like, and the stock looks to have a nice weld for the weight. I am looking at the battle link minimalist stock for a real light weight ar but this sparks some interest at only 1.5oz heavier. Any info on release/date appreciated!

Last edited:

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I'm a huge believer in BCM (as you might see). But I'm not sure I'll be switching to their stock. It might be comfortable, but it's fugly IMO. And the sopmod would be just as comfortable, but better-looking.

Top Bottom