• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    ProTEQ Firearms Academy will host Appleseed for the 3rd time this year on the 24th and 25th of August. We're under 2 weeks away so get signed up, hit up all your favorite gun shops for ammo and come join us for a weekend of rifle marksmanship and American Heritage.

What did Paul Revere say as he rode across the Massachusetts countryside? If you said, "THE BRITISH ARE COMING!" you are wrong. Come learn what he said and why he said it.

See you on the line,

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    What was the name of the horse Paul Revere rode when he went to warn the colonists on his famous ride? Join us in Brazil next weekend and I will tell you.

Did I mention that the Johnson Volunteer Fire Department will be making lunch AND will serve homemade ice cream? These guys give the Bedford Contingent a run for their money.

C you there,

brian

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    What was the name of the horse Paul Revere rode when he went to warn the colonists on his famous ride? Join us in Brazil next weekend and I will tell you.

Did I mention that the Johnson Volunteer Fire Department will be making lunch AND will serve homemade ice cream? These guys give the Bedford Contingent a run for their money.

C you there,

brian

But I already know the answer, so I guess I can't join in the fun huh?

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Do you know what NPOA stands for and why it is so important to being a good shot? This secret and others will also be revealed throughout the weekend.

Even if you know the answers to these questions we'll still let you join us.

C ya,

brian

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    Homemade ice cream, ProTEQ, and Appleseed, life doesn't get much better than this!

If the ammo crunch is keeping you from attending, please let us know. Many instructors are willing to sell from their own supplies at cost. If you need a loaner rifle, we have those too. Come on out and have a great time learning history, marksmanship, and the heritage that has been passed to each of us by men, women, and children who knew very well what they were about.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    What philagothon just said. I'll add to it that we also have GI slings to loan. What else.... I've got a Midway shooting mat that I will let somebody use, too.

See you next weekend at ProTEQ!

brian

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    What philagothon just said. I'll add to it that we also have GI slings to loan. What else.... I've got a Midway shooting mat that I will let somebody use, too.

See you next weekend at ProTEQ!

brian

Heck, about the only thing we can't help with is a teachable attitude; you'll have to bring your own. There are still plenty of open slots and the weatherman is calling for a beautiful weekend. I can't wait to see everyone there!

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    If the reason you aren't signed up is that you don't have enough .22LR ammo then you need to send me a PM. I will sell you ammo at my cost so that you can shoot at an Appleseed.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Let's review:

-ProTEQ is a great range.
    -The Johnson Volunteer Fire Department is providing lunch and homemade ice cream in exchange for a donation.
    -History that every American should know will be presented.
    -Rifle marksmanship instruction for a price that is less than 1/2 what you will pay at most other places.
    -If you don't have all the gear/equipment necessary someone will loan you what you need.
    -If you don't have ammo someone will sell you what you need at cost.

Don't pass this up! There is still plenty of room on the line.

See you Saturday at ProTEQ north of Brazil.

brian

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    We had a great shoot at ProTEQ in Brazil. ProTEQ's owner Don Brannan is a wonderful host. We had a covered firing line to keep the sun off the shooters during the hottest hours of the day. Then Don noticed that there wasn't enough shade off of the firing line and broke out another awning. We were treated to lunch both days by the Johnson Volunteer Fire Department complete with homemade ice cream and ears of sweet corn from Kevin's garden.

We'll do this again in December. Don't miss out, put this on your calendar and sign up in advance.

C ya,

brian

Top Bottom