• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot1951

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    I'm a first time user, so bear with me regarding the appropriate forum etiquette.

I have heard that there is a range in or near Brazil, Indiana that has ranges for distance shooting and where I can practice with my LR-308 AP4.

Is this accurate, and if so what do I need to join or become a member and how do I get there from Indianapolis?

Thanks for your help.

Patriot1951

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    try contacting don brannam at proteq. they might have a site. there is a list in the general forum. clay posted a map to the ProteQ range.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I live between Terre Haute and Brazil and have noticed a range on Rio Grande road in Clay County west of 59. I've heard that they take donations for its use. The range NEVER has anyone on it every time I drive past.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm the Range Owner. Contact our website (...proteq.us...) for range details.

Don, I didn't know you were on INGO. I'm going to have to take the trip back up there one of these days. Been a couple years since we put the 200 yard range in. :D

Sad that the RH Gun Club is no more.

Last edited:

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    I was born here and will likely expire here. I just pick up a bunch of railroad ties for use on the Cowboy Action Range (built it last fall). Come on over and I'll work you some more :) . I'm seldom on the site. I just don't have time. email me direct through the website and we'll talk

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm the Range Owner. Contact our website (...proteq.us...) for range details.
    Don, good to see you here!!! Guess I'll have to start behaving myself now... :D

For those that may be wondering, ProTEQ is easily the best bang for your buck shooting range in the whole state. For $20 a year you get a lot of benefits and all you have to do is respect Don's property and don't be stupid with firearms. That's pretty easy to do.

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Great range! I'm actually heading there this afternoon.

I'm in Greencastle visiting the in-laws this weekend and will be checking the range out tomorrow morning. Any other persons from the INGO family feel like showing me around? I have contacted the owner and hope to set up shop for a few hours before the day ball runs me off.

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    I stopped by the range this past weekend with the Father-In-Law. There were 5 or 6 other people there and unfortunately it made things crowded. We had a good time shooting and enjoyed plinking on the well used steel plates with my 10/22. I could definitely see coming back and shooting at the long ranges. Thanks for the phone call and all of the extra information.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I was born here and will likely expire here. I just pick up a bunch of railroad ties for use on the Cowboy Action Range (built it last fall). Come on over and I'll work you some more :) . I'm seldom on the site. I just don't have time. email me direct through the website and we'll talk

That's no exaggerating! :):

Top Bottom