• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wow...I wonder what the procedure is like at a prison when something like that happens...are jobs on the line or do they just accept it for what it is? Just curious!

In one of my few plaintiff cases, I tried a successful case regarding a jail suicide that resulted in a substantial verdict against a local police department. I don't know what happened internally, but some people were clearly lying (about stuff that may not have mattered, in the end) and it made them look pretty bad at trial, which, of course, is a public forum.

It was a much different reason the guy was in jail (DUI) and he was arrested the evening before, not convicted. There are very defined protocols and should be followed, especially when the person is considered higher risk for suicide. Since death from hanging can occur in about 10 to 12 minutes (brain damage before that), 30 minute checks are not acceptable unless there is continuous video monitoring that can see the entire cell....and is actually monitored. I could go on and on.

...but in this case, I have a hard time working up sympathy even though I tend to think every life has value.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Unfortunately, the tax-payer dollars are already wasted on the trial/sentencing, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of sustaining this guy in prison for the rest of his life...

No trial, plea that took death off the table. Oopsie. Karma in action!

I don't understand how no one else was indicted as a co-conspirator??? How is it that ONE guy did this to three women and no one else was involved. No way.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Got to wonder, did he do it because his conscience go to him, or was fear of the other inmates?

Let me preface by saying that my experience with prison and such comes from documentary style TV shows (ie Locked Up etc).... there is a recurring theme in most of the prisons/prisoners and that is rapist/sexual-predators etc are the lowest of scum and they are dealt with in many ways that can often be cruel and demeaning...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Got to wonder, did he do it because his conscience go to him, or was fear of the other inmates?

If I were to guess, I'd say it was the fear and depression from his total lack of control over his life. The personality that would keep captive women as sex slaves craves not only sex, but also complete and total control over the lives of others. Once in prison he not only had no control over others, he had no real control over himself. He has to eat, sleep, go, stay, etc. all at the orders of someone else. Choosing to kill himself was one of the last acts he had complete control over.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    well_bye_2.jpg

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Was he in P.C. or general population?

Hope noone loses a job of this first class ****bag saving a few dollars for the tax-payer.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Was he in P.C. or general population?

Hope noone loses a job of this first class ****bag saving a few dollars for the tax-payer.

He was in P.C.

I was hoping they'd put him in general population so he'd be raped a few hundred times before being killed, but he might of actually enjoy it.

I Do Love Happy Endings.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Glad to hear this piece of dung is dead. Too bad he didnt do this before kidnapping those girls. I dont know if they'll ever be able to over come what they went through.

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    After working for over 40 years in all kinds of prisons there will be a big,big lawyer file a lawsuit about his death. I know because I worked at prison where a guy did hang himself and boy what a big investigation it was. I had to find everything about this guys goings and comings and documentation of everyone that had anything to do with him on all three shifts. It was hell for quite sometime but even like one guy said you come around every 15 minutes He could still kill himself. I just pitty all the co's that where around the Sob.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I was deeply saddened when I heard about this.

He didn't spend nearly enough time in a cage. Those girls spent a decade held captive, this POS didn't even have to spend a full year.

Top Bottom