• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    This probably should be politicized. Barry took grief, from the right, for NOT doing anything to get Bergdahl back, and now he's getting grief for getting him back. Let's not be hypocrites.

From the time it was known he walked away from the base, I always said **** him. He wasn't worth the sweat off anybody's ummmm BACK to get him back. Now we have 5 terrorist free because of this POS.

Bob

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Gee, took them long enough. Let's hope obama stonewalling the Army not to release this since October gets mentioned. I'd like to see obama tried for giving aid and comfort to the enemy, but he won't be... and he'll pardon his muslim buddy after the court martial.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Interesting that, as of this post, the two random MSM sites I checked mention nothing of Doucheberg. There seems to be a preoccupation with snow falling in Boston in January and a certain NFL team's locker room attendant is being looked over low-pressure footballs.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This probably should be politicized. Barry took grief, from the right, for NOT doing anything to get Bergdahl back, and now he's getting grief for getting him back. Let's not be hypocrites.

"Doing something" to get him back does not mean that the only option is to free 5 of the most dangerous terrorists we held captive at the time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Cranks blathering on about their own opinions are not fairly characterized as "the right", implying there was a unified chorus for the President to do something ANYTHING. Trying to get him back? Of course. The way that happened? Not wise. The fact that trying to get him back was a good idea does not mean absolutely anything that was done to accomplish that was justifiable.

...but it seems like someone over in the JAG didn't blow in a call to the White House before filing these charges.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Releasing Terrorists and leaving a POW can be exclusive items that have nothing to do with each other.

Also, I'm rarely one to point at sources... but these two sites do not represent "the right" by any stretch. Show me sources with wider audiences that are considered "right-leaning" that share this opinion. Fox News, Rare, Daily Caller, etc...

It's 100% acceptable for an ideology to contain more than one opinion on any given subject.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    He's a deserter. I don't know that we have precedent for trading for deserters. Usually, we only worried about them if we captured them in the process of doing something else. Then they would suffer for their treachery. Trading prisoners for one? Nope. Sounds like something a community organizer would do. It's what happens when someone wholly unqualified to be a mayor winds up in charge of an entire nation, to include its military.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If he deserted, which is a crime, and soldiers died while searching for him, can he be held criminally liable for their deaths?

I care more about those six than the five released

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Freedom Outpost and Liberty Alliance? Come on, now. I can find a blog that supports whacking yourself in the genitals with a hammer for health benefits. Just because a hand full of people complained doesn't make it widespread.

Desertion is such a kick in the teeth to your fellow soldiers, and then to lose men looking for your sorry backside? Pass. He could have stayed with his buddies in the Taliban forever and you'd never heard a peep from me.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Cranks blathering on about their own opinions are not fairly characterized as "the right", implying there was a unified chorus for the President to do something ANYTHING. Trying to get him back? Of course. The way that happened? Not wise. The fact that trying to get him back was a good idea does not mean absolutely anything that was done to accomplish that was justifiable.

...but it seems like someone over in the JAG didn't blow in a call to the White House before filing these charges.

Releasing Terrorists and leaving a POW can be exclusive items that have nothing to do with each other.

Also, I'm rarely one to point at sources... but these two sites do not represent "the right" by any stretch. Show me sources with wider audiences that are considered "right-leaning" that share this opinion. Fox News, Rare, Daily Caller, etc...

It's 100% acceptable for an ideology to contain more than one opinion on any given subject.

Freedom Outpost and Liberty Alliance? Come on, now. I can find a blog that supports whacking yourself in the genitals with a hammer for health benefits. Just because a hand full of people complained doesn't make it widespread.

Desertion is such a kick in the teeth to your fellow soldiers, and then to lose men looking for your sorry backside? Pass. He could have stayed with his buddies in the Taliban forever and you'd never heard a peep from me.

TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    If he deserted, which is a crime, and soldiers died while searching for him, can he be held criminally liable for their deaths?

I care more about those six than the five released

And I can just picture Hillary Clinton banging her fist on the table and yelling, "At this point what difference does it make."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From the time it was known he walked away from the base, I always said **** him. He wasn't worth the sweat off anybody's ummmm BACK to get him back. Now we have 5 terrorist free because of this POS.

Bob

Keep in mind it wasn't originally known that Bergdahl deserted. Puddly points out that 5 soldiers died looking for him. Bergdahl's actions was a major factor in their deaths. Should our govt ignore the sacrifices of those soldiers and let Bergdahl walk, when there's an opportunity to get him back. What do you think those soldier's families would say? We should have brought him back to answer for actions. Releasing 5 Taliban prisoners early (they were scheduled to be released this year, anyways) is a minor cost.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It was known from the beginning that he deserted:

According to firsthand accounts from soldiers in his platoon, Bergdahl, while on guard duty, shed his weapons and walked off the observation post with nothing more than a compass, a knife, water, a digital camera and a diary.

The soldiers of his company were forced to sign non-disclosure agreements by the Army, so it has been hard to get the truth out about what happened there from those who served with him. Bergdahl wrote multiple times before his desertion of his disgust with America and desire to leave. There really is no mystery, despite the coverup. Read the article for more info.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It was known from the beginning that he deserted:

The soldiers of his company were forced to sign non-disclosure agreements by the Army, so it has been hard to get the truth out about what happened there from those who served with him. Bergdahl wrote multiple times before his desertion of his disgust with America and desire to leave. There really is no mystery, despite the coverup. Read the CNN article for more info.

I think if was assumed awol, not desertion.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    What do you think going AWOL while on guard duty in a combat zone is? If he says he's leaving, and he leaves, and he's got a shift of staring into the desert drinking rip its to stay awake, then it's desertion. I just think it's funny he left the sensitive items behind. I wouldn't want the statement of charges for a m240 either, I guess.

Top Bottom