• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Dead bad guy, and only one innocent bystander shot in the process. Seems like NYPD has been doin some trainin.:yesway:

I heard some people arguing about whether this guy and the ones in Canada were actual "terrorists" or just nutjobs. My question is, what exactly is the difference?:coffee:

All I could come up with is, that while not all nutjobs are terrorists, all terrorists are nutjobs.:dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Exactly. SO how many years must go by before we get rid of the NY trigger? How many decades since they carried revolvers? Since those trained on revolvers are retiring and the last 10-20 years worth of officers hired have never fired a revolver, WHY are they still using that heavy trigger? Why have a heavy DA style trigger when the officer that is pulling it has likely never fired a revolver, let alone carried and qualified for x years.

Anyone know definitively if they are still using the heavy triggers, or are they starting to phase them out? (I wouldnt be surprised if they still are simply out of habit.)
    Not any time soon. I believe they only get 30 rounds a year to qualify. Not a lot of repetitions so the bureaucracy compensates with gadgets.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They said he attacked as the cop was posing for a photographer to take a pic.

Where's the "photographer" that asked them to stop and pose?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They said he attacked as the cop was posing for a photographer to take a pic.

Where's the "photographer" that asked them to stop and pose?
    Hmmm, good question. Whenever I'm in NYC it is incredible how many officers are stopped so someone can get a pic. It happens here but not nearly as often as there.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    de Blasio halted that practice, mostly, so maybe he shouldn't have :popcorn:

First soda bans get overturned, now stop-n-frisk goes by the wayside.:rolleyes:

The place might get mistaken for a "free" society if they ain't careful.:laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Probably hard to deny any connection when his social media footprint was littered with support for .... that kind of stuff.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    NYC police Commissioner William Bratton says hatchet attack on four officers was a terrorist act by a homegrown radical.

Mr Bratton can call it what he wants. Until Mr O decides it's a terror attack it's not a terror attack. Mr O needs a wake up call. Maybe a attack like this in his home town Chicago will open his eye? Probably not. He lives in a world of denial.

Top Bottom