• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is Jim Lucas known for his firearms expertise? Does he train with some of you? Is he knowledgeable about the care and handling of firearms? Is he a competitive shooter? Is he an instructor?

I think the video is posted upthread of Lucas seemingly "instructing" the arresting officer on firearms? He was at the end of the road for his rolling stoned, leave the scene wreck. :xmad:

Maybe Jim should have been pee tested, after talking at these anti-gun kids?

:dunno:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    I think the video is posted upthread of Lucas seemingly "instructing" the arresting officer on firearms? He was at the end of the road for his rolling stoned, leave the scene wreck. :xmad:

The last time that happened he tested positive for a Legal substance sold in Indiana stores…

Should a breathalyzer been done also? #witch-hunt

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Cause if a bear walked in to a restaurant, I would be scared of it.
    And I sure as sh$$ wouldn't walk up to it and wave my arms around and talk to it.

Sounds like you're chicken.

:D

There was a day in this country where guns were mostly associated with target shooting, hunting and fishing with less emphasis on self-defense. For better or worse, that has changed. Now, among most gun owners, self-defense is the primary association.

Disagree. Nobody is scared of self-defense. The primary association is crime and violence among those scared of guns. These kids are taught to fear school shootings like we were taught to fear Commie nukes and tornado storms. My ex-wife was a prime example, though she eventually came around. She said when she was a girl "the only people who had guns were cops and criminals". Showing people non-criminals and non-cops carrying guns is not a cure all, but it's not bad. It was like taming a horse though, lots of little steps of acclimation. Obviously I've no idea what her thoughts/experiences are now, but when I went overseas (last I saw her) she was carrying a .380. Big ideological shift there, though still very liberal in others.

To nobody in particular, remember teens are idiots. You were an idiot when you were a teen. I was an idiot when I was a teen. If you think your teens today aren't idiots, you either aren't paying attention or they are good at hiding things. With their soft little forebrains, feeling things so intensely, and complete lack of life experience they are *all idiots* to some degree or other. Now that we're all old grumpy cynical tired men, we forget what it was like to feel so intensely because everything is new and we're not numb to the world yet.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

Yep. Not even close to “proper person”.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The last time that happened he tested positive for a Legal substance sold in Indiana stores…

Should a breathalyzer been done also? #witch-hunt

If his probation officer is doing their job, Lucas should certainly have to submit to a urine test for ANY intoxicating substances.

The fact that Jim intentionally put himself into the public light should be a trigger to his probation department to get this sample immediately.

Therein also comes the question of whether it is legal for him to be carrying a firearm at all? Most probation requires not being anywhere near firearms.

:nono:

Last edited:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    If his probation officer is doing their job, Lucas should certainly have to submit to a urine test for ANY intoxicating substances.

The fact that Jim intentionally put himself into the public light should be a trigger to his probation department to get this sample immediately.

Therein also comes the question of whether it is legal for him to be carrying a firearm at all? Most probation requires not being anywhere near firearms.

His probation stopped in December… :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    His probation stopped in December… :rolleyes:

Maybe, maybe not?

According to the article you posted from WTHR...
    ...He'll be placed on supervised probation for a year, but that will end after 180 days if he completes the terms of his probation...

We don't know anything of whether Lucas completed the terms of his probation or not. Or whether "flashing his gun," is any kind of violation of what may be left of his probation, be it supervised or not?

:scratch:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Maybe, maybe not?

According to the article you posted from WTHR...
    ...He'll be placed on supervised probation for a year, but that will end after 180 days if he completes the terms of his probation...

We don't know anything of whether Lucas completed the terms of his probation or not. Or whether "flashing his gun," is any kind of violation of what may be left of his probation, be it supervised or not?

:scratch:
    Hmmm…. Better check your facts!:popcorn:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hmmm…. Better check your facts!:popcorn:

I don't have to check my opinion for fact :rolleyes:. Especially with you right here to try to do it for me, my friend. ;)

Lucas is an addict, admitted in your APnews article posted...

Lucas said in a written statement to The Associated Press after his plea that he took “full responsibility” and apologized for his actions.

“I plan to take time to evaluate myself, and I’m already enrolled in counseling to get the help I need,” Lucas said. “I will continue to work every day to earn back the trust of my community while serving my neighbors in House District 69.”

The hole keeps getting dug deeper and deeper, eh?

If Jim could have just bit his tongue, walked away and left the fight for someone else or sometime down the road, when maybe when he gets mentally healthy again?

If Jim was a little better in his head, maybe he would have been smart enough to recognize the trap he walked into? Maybe he would NOT have decided that flashing his gun to the anti's was a good idea?

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So what Jim addicted to? Do tell… :rolleyes:

You'd have to ask him. He's the one in counselling for it.

Likely more than one substance??? :scratch:

I'd only be guessing, just like anyone else familiar with Mr Lucas's public mental troubles.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Him being at the Statehouse is intentionally putting himself into the public light? It's his job to be there. It's really also his job to talk to citizens that wish to speak with him.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just a thought here: how long did it take for this to go from on the phone outside of an elevator at the Indiana state house… To the national news?

If it was me, or Guy, or Charlie Hilltunin would it have made the news at all?
    The first question keeps coming up in my head. Maybe tomorrow when I'm feeling better I'll try to develop a timeline. Unless somebody wants to take that on ;)

Top Bottom