• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I haven't set foot in the Castleton Mall in... years? I have avoided Castleton for a long time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and now, I just don't like the mall area after dark. It used to be *the* place to go, back when my then-fiance and I were dating, and for many moons after we were married. I'm just not a mall person, but thankfully the Mrs. and kids have Hamilton Town Center and Clay Terrace as options if we/they absolutely must do something mall-related (for now, anyway).

I remember hearing about a big melt-down back in October when I was coming home from the airport, and IIRC, it spilled across from the mall into the nearby McD's. It's a shame, it doesn't have to be this way.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What a shame, a once nice place to shop. Now it's like Washington Square.
    It's really not. There are only 4-5 chain stores in the mall, and that counts Target and Dick's. It is probably 70% vacant, all the rest of the stores are mom and pop. We rarely have problems in Washington Sq since no one goes there any more. Castleton Sq is FAR from Washington Sq's fate. This incident should raise awareness but it certainly isn't the death knell of the mall. Lets not get swept up in the media hype. Those that hate going to malls will continue to avoid them, most will likely still patronize the mall, a small minority will change their shopping habits from this.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We keep telling our mopes to head up to Hamilton County for the really nice houses to burglarize ;)

Ha, ha.... and when we catch em, we're like, "You know this is Carmel right?" And it's downright hilarious when they figure out they aren't going to the APC..... "nope, we're keeping you." I attribute much of Hamilton county's success in curbing crime, to people that actually care... or better said nosey as hell. I get calling on someone because it's 3am, and they're bumbing bass in a neighborhood, but calling in a person with a busted headlight (yeah, it happens). And since we respond to EVERYTHING, and it's a legit stop, if we find them, we'll stop them.

And BTW, Kudos to IMPD last night, ya'll helped with our perimeter on some guys that bailed out of a stolen car, and we ended up tracking down 2, and identifying the other.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ha, ha.... and when we catch em, we're like, "You know this is Carmel right?" And it's downright hilarious when they figure out they aren't going to the APC..... "nope, we're keeping you." I attribute much of Hamilton county's success in curbing crime, to people that actually care... or better said nosey as hell. I get calling on someone because it's 3am, and they're bumbing bass in a neighborhood, but calling in a person with a busted headlight (yeah, it happens). And since we respond to EVERYTHING, and it's a legit stop, if we find them, we'll stop them.

And BTW, Kudos to IMPD last night, ya'll helped with our perimeter on some guys that bailed out of a stolen car, and we ended up tracking down 2, and identifying the other.
    Glad we were able to help. You guys on Interact for reports yet? It will be nice when we all share the same database for reports and arrests. The doughnut counties are an extension of Indy anyway, we all work for the same end.

Rooze1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    NWI
    My wife and I moved out of Castleton a few months ago and we were happy to go. It's sad because we moved there 3 years ago and it seemed fairly safe and on the nicer side of Indy. In that 3 year period we kept seeing more and more groups of teens hanging out at the mall. I personally witnessed two group fights at the mall and I might have went once a month. I don't go the mall anymore without cc'ing, regardless of mall policy. They obviously can't keep it safe.

On a side note, I just got back from Atlanta and everyone in my company's office had heard about the increase in violence in Indy...that is sad.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Nosey and situationally aware look a lot alike.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Glad we were able to help. You guys on Interact for reports yet? It will be nice when we all share the same database for reports and arrests. The doughnut counties are an extension of Indy anyway, we all work for the same end.

No interact yet, but they "say" it's coming. Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath for something anytime soon.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nosey and situationally aware look a lot alike.

Not in the golden ghetto. Nosey is nosey. There would be many a time, that if I had the ability to blush from embarrassment, I would. For instance, when someone calls in on a guy fishing in a "residents only" pond that serviced 7 or 8 multi-million dollar houses. The caller thinks the guys looks "suspicious" despite having a rod, sitting down, obviously fishing (I'll just leave out why I think they though he was suspicious). We make contact with the guy, who IDs himself at our request, points at his house and tells us it was the first house built in the edition 20-something years ago. Of course we look like the idiots, but thankfully the guy was really nice.

Sometimes I wish these people lived in Marion County and tried to pass off these calls we take. I live in a bizzaro land where calling someone by their first name or yelling at a guy who jumps out of his car to go into a store (during a traffic stop) generates a complaint. I've had people call in about kids throwing rocks at trees, coyotes taking down an injured deer in a field, or a 10 year old that won't do their homework. I honestly don't think people understand the definition of "police."

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I attribute much of Hamilton county's success in curbing crime, to people that actually care...

I couldn't agree more. If you don't care enough to stand up for what's right, you forfeit. Nice places can stay nice if good people are willing to work together to keep it that way.

Not to be confused with calling one in because a kid won't do their homework, of course. Ugh!

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not in the golden ghetto. Nosey is nosey. There would be many a time, that if I had the ability to blush from embarrassment, I would. For instance, when someone calls in on a guy fishing in a "residents only" pond that serviced 7 or 8 multi-million dollar houses. The caller thinks the guys looks "suspicious" despite having a rod, sitting down, obviously fishing (I'll just leave out why I think they though he was suspicious). We make contact with the guy, who IDs himself at our request, points at his house and tells us it was the first house built in the edition 20-something years ago. Of course we look like the idiots, but thankfully the guy was really nice.

Sometimes I wish these people lived in Marion County and tried to pass off these calls we take. I live in a bizzaro land where calling someone by their first name or yelling at a guy who jumps out of his car to go into a store (during a traffic stop) generates a complaint. I've had people call in about kids throwing rocks at trees, coyotes taking down an injured deer in a field, or a 10 year old that won't do their homework. I honestly don't think people understand the definition of "police."
    Wow! Just, WOW! Ok, here in my part of Hendricks County we don't peg the silly-meter quite that much.
    Throwing rocks at trees? Kids will do that and that's better than cars or houses.
    Coyote going after a deer? Hey pal, at least it ain't snacking on your pomeranian.
    Suspicious fishing? Not using dynamite, what's the problem? And get to know your freakin neighbors!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

But they are special and you "Work" for them right.......:dunno:

Top Bottom