• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Bloody heck, perp still at large. And I'm heading that way next week...

They are reporting the suspect is dead. "The suspect was shot and is presumed dead, the sheriff's office said."
    Prayers for the officers and civilians.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Scanner for that county is blowing up......condolences.

[FONT=&quot]UPDATE: 1 DEPUTY DECEASED, 5 DEPUTIES 2 CIVILIANS SHOT. SUSPECT SHOT AND DECEASED. [/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And in this is a reason that sometimes LEO will not take a chance with you.

Prayers out bound to all involved.
    May the Perp rot in that special Hell.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And in this is a reason that sometimes LEO will not take a chance with you.

Prayers out bound to all involved.
    May the Perp rot in that special Hell.
    We were just discussing this on the Wichita SWATTING thread. So many unanswered questions on this one. Prayers to the family and friends of the fallen LEO as well as to the LEOs and citizens who were wounded.

Outside of Denver, wasn't there a Wal-Mart shooting outside of Denver not long ago?

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I just spent the last two and a half years working in Colorado north of Denver. There is more crazy **** going on out there than you hear about.
    Colorado has had more than it’s share of multiple shootings and sniping incidents. When I first got out there they were in the middle of sniping incidents on Hwy 25 that never got solved.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just spent the last two and a half years working in Colorado north of Denver. There is more crazy **** going on out there than you hear about.
    Colorado has had more than it’s share of multiple shootings and sniping incidents. When I first got out there they were in the middle of sniping incidents on Hwy 25 that never got solved.
    Denver is a cesspool, and it’s moved on, when I was young, Colorado Springs was a great area, when I lived there as an adult, it was a slum!

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    They also have a huge population of transients due to the legal weed.
    The amount of young people panhandling on street corners is staggering.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The larger cities have pretty much gone to the dogs. We lived in Colorado for over 20 years, mostly before the urban sprawl. I really liked it there. Now, it's pretty much just a dusty, smoggy, overcrowded pit.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    They also have a huge population of transients due to the legal weed.
    The amount of young people panhandling on street corners is staggering.

I saw this first hand when I was in Denver in 2016 for a conference. I only left the hotel once, and that was enough for me.

I immediately wrote off Colorado as a potential vacation spot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have some good friends that live in Black Springs. You can see Pikes Peak from their property. 6000+ ft elevation I believe. They try not to go down the hill unless they absolutely have to.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Prayers to everyone harmed by this nutball. Hopefully everyone heals up quickly and is able to move on with their lives.

I saw this first hand when I was in Denver in 2016 for a conference. I only left the hotel once, and that was enough for me.

I immediately wrote off Colorado as a potential vacation spot.

That really sucks to hear. I was in Englewood back in 05 or so and we really enjoyed it. Buddy from work and I drove up one of the mountains near Pike's and had a very nice time. I had always hoped to go back for a long weekend, but now I'm thinking that won't happen :(

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    I hate reading stories like this. I'm not writing off Colorado as a whole however. It's like any state, the big cities draw a lot of trash. Get outside of town and the light begins to shine. The equivalent would be to say that I'm never going to Michigan because of the dangers in Detroit or I'm never going back to Washington because Tacoma is a hellhole. I used to not travel with guns when I fly. As I type this I'm in Arizona, carrying two. Reality is, these things can happen ANYWHERE...and we must be prepared to deal with it or take the risk of being a victim.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate reading stories like this. I'm not writing off Colorado as a whole however. It's like any state, the big cities draw a lot of trash. Get outside of town and the light begins to shine. The equivalent would be to say that I'm never going to Michigan because of the dangers in Detroit or I'm never going back to Washington because Tacoma is a hellhole. Reality is, these things can happen ANYWHERE...and we must be prepared to deal with it or take the risk of being a victim.

Truth here.

Top Bottom