Breaking News: Martinsville Rural King now has Guns!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I saw 5 or 6 SIG AR's going out the door about 5 pm Sunday. 1 guy had 4 of them in his cart.. Couldn't tell whether another guy loading into his vehicle had 1 or two.

Wonder if this was for resale??? At $1299 (I think that's the price RK had them listed for) I wouldn't think there is much room to make money on that, this guy might have missed the boat on flipping AR's for $

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Wonder if this was for resale??? At $1299 (I think that's the price RK had them listed for) I wouldn't think there is much room to make money on that, this guy might have missed the boat on flipping AR's for $

There isnt. Price average for an M400 right now is 1400 or so. Not worth the time and effort...

KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I go to the Martinsville RK about once a month for the popcorn as well as the bag of slim jims; about a pound or so for $5.00.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    There isnt. Price average for an M400 right now is 1400 or so. Not worth the time and effort...
    It's almost over for us gougers. Whittakers is putting ARs in the rack now and not giving out tickets any more. My cousin was there this past Saturday and said it was strange to see several ARs on the shelf and nobody even looking at them. And the prices are standard from $700 to $1,200 or so depending on the brand and configuration.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Speaking of Rural King - I just picked up a cheap plastic gun case for my Sig Sauer for only $10.00 (my Sig came in a cardboard case/box: SP 2022). Yeah it's a cheap plastic case but for $10.00 it's not bad and works!

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Martinsville RK is in a "school zone" so guns have to leave the store in a locked container.
    Handguns that come in a plastic case with the cable lock can be locked by wrappinng the cable through the case handle.
    Long guns that come in a cardbaord box require the purchase of a case and lock if the buyer ddn't bring a locking case with them.
    They hold your Driver's License if you want to handle a gun on display. He said that is due to being in a school zone.
    Like Walmart, they walk you to the door.

The guy said that ATF actually measuered the distance to the school.

Does the "school zone" affect only purchases leaving the building?
    Any effect on those carrying in that area? Rural King, Kroger, Pizza hut, etc?

Saturday evening the counter guy said that they had sold $40k in guns since ~2pm on Friday, and that Rural King has $11M in ammo on back order.

He said that Martinsville is the 2nd store to carry firearms. The Home office store was the first. Other stores would be getting them but he wasn't sure of the criteria to determine which ones. He thought maybe overall sales volumes.

I saw 5 or 6 SIG AR's going out the door about 5 pm Sunday. 1 guy had 4 of them in his cart.. Couldn't tell whether another guy loading into his vehicle had 1 or two.

I was in there this evening and seen the same sign.

You can carry in the GFZ if you have a LTCH.

Top Bottom