Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BREAKING: Sen. Ted Cruz to announce presidential bid Monday, report says

Link incoming.

I like him so far from what I've seen. Although I prefer Walker, I think Cruz would be a viable option.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would certainly vote for Ted and I won't vote for Jebby.

Additionally, Cruz IS a natural born US Citizen, and eligible to run for President.

Though he was born in Canada, his mother was a US Citizen, AND she fulfilled the requirement of having lived in the USA for 10 years, 5 of which were after the age of 14.
    (Ironically, a requirement that Obama's mother DIDN'T meet)

Though Ted Cruz also was born with Canadian citizenship, he renounced it last year.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ted Cruz to announce presidential bid Monday - Houston Chronicle

Let him announce. I don't think he stands much of a chance in the general election. The day of the dinosaur conservative is done. The dems will roll out everything and get everyone onboard to vote against a Cruz candidacy. There are better republican candidates to come, he ain't it. And Cruz should be ineligible by conservative standards that we've been hearing for the last 6 years. He's undeniably a Canadian.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah, the press will be all over the Canada thing. I like the guy but believe the left would really do a number on demonizing him. Would be great to see him on the ticket as VP with Walker as Pres.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    He may be a Canadian by birth. But Canuck politicians in America still need to build donor lists for future reference, same as American ones.

Anybody announcing between here and 2016, other than Hillary, is doing exactly that. Nothing else.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill

Let him announce. I don't think he stands much of a chance in the general election. The day of the dinosaur conservative is done. The dems will roll out everything and get everyone onboard to vote against a Cruz candidacy. There are better republican candidates to come, he ain't it. And Cruz should be ineligible by conservative standards that we've been hearing for the last 6 years. He's undeniably a Canadian.
    You libs want to talk about dinosaurs then nominate Hillary, that makes total sense.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

I thought he was born in Canada to American parents, or at least one. Besides, Obama has proven that even a foreigner can become the POTUS.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I bet he will be carrying a copy of his birth certificate.
    everytime it is brought up he will pull it out and say "it's right here"

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I thought he was born in Canada to American parents, or at least one. Besides, Obama has proven that even a foreigner can become the POTUS.

Up until last year he held dual citizenship. I don't even recall hearing if he ever actually got that cleared up. Hell, at least Obama was born in the states.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think this is great. Hopefully Cruz will start dictating the dialog as opposed to us answering that of the libs. Obamacare, immigration, overreaching gov't, transparency instead of silly bullet bans, climate change and race.

I believe Walker is our man. Ted won't make it to president, yet anyway. He might end up making a good VP or cabinet position though.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Hell, I think even Charles Manson would be a better option than the anti-American, terrorist sympathizing, terrorist supporting Liar-In-Chief the U.S. has now.

Top Bottom