• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Hey, just wanted to let you guys know. I heard on the radio today that they are doing some sort of charity event to make people aware of something called "breast cancer". I have never heard of "breast cancer". What is it? Does it have something to do with all those women wearing pink all the time and the Save the Boobies stickers? I thought that was just being done to support strip clubs.

Anyways, they were talking about running for the sisters, mothers, daughters, etc. in order to make more people aware of "breast cancer". Thought you guys should know. There is this thing out there, called "breast cancer" and it's bad, and you should be aware of it.

:dunno:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I love women. Have two girls and a wife. But I've got to tell you, I'm always suspicious of all this money raising. There are many people getting wealthy on all this money flowing in, especially the research scientists. Like Jerry Lewis and Muscular Dystrophy. Years and years of collecting money and still not even close to a cure (although you'll get a positive spin if you question those "in the know."

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    While I would always recommend that you check into the charity unto which you are donating your hard-earned cash to make sure the funds are being used as best as possible, I would never make fun of someone promoting breast cancer awareness. Are there lots of companies scamming by making everything in pink? Yes, it's obvious. Perhaps if you were more aware, you'd know that breast cancer affects males, too. Luckily, my family has earned itself lots of survivors. Too bad the same can't be same for leukemia or lung cancer.

Would you make the same comment if it were autism awareness? Or diversity awareness? Or is okay to just make fun of stuff in pink and pick on the girls?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Hey, just wanted to let you guys know. I heard on the radio today that they are doing some sort of charity event to make people aware of something called "breast cancer". I have never heard of "breast cancer". What is it? Does it have something to do with all those women wearing pink all the time and the Save the Boobies stickers? I thought that was just being done to support strip clubs.

Anyways, they were talking about running for the sisters, mothers, daughters, etc. in order to make more people aware of "breast cancer". Thought you guys should know. There is this thing out there, called "breast cancer" and it's bad, and you should be aware of it.

:dunno:

You really should have done this in purple type, because I find it highly offensive that you joke about the disease that killed my wife!!!!

Not funny!

And one more thing, breast cancer is an equal opportunity disease. It doesn't care if you are male or female, what color you are, what your national origin is, what your age is, whether you are rich or poor.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    ^^This.

Are you aware that the Susan G. Komen foundation has raised and donated over $1.9 BILLION to research on breast cancer? Are you aware the numbers of men and women it kills every year? Are you aware that by percentage more men that are diagnosed with breast cancer die than women? Are you aware how close the money raised by Susan G. Komen is to not only curing but being able to prevent breast cancer?

I lost my mother to this terrible disease and I will continue to give them money as I can. If you don't want to support it, don't. Just don't make a fool of yourself and insult those of us that have lost someone to this terrible disease. I hope you never have a family member diagnosed, or God forbid, you yourself.

Carry on.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Breast cancer is very prevalent in both sexes. Also if the women in your family are prone to this cancer, you should get your prostate checked a couple years early,

Top Bottom