• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    In all seriousness. I think its good for employers to be concerned about making it easy for breast feeding mothers. my wife breast fed our child and I remember a lot of times she would have to go into some dirty filthy bathroom because there was no where else to do it when we were out. she'd not one of the ones who will just whip out a titty and do it in the middle of the mall. why would anyone care if an employer makes it easier for a breast feeding mother? Its best for the baby. And to the guy who thinks mothers can be on maternity leave and finish up breast feeding .......... oh boy son, just wait, you have a rude awakening coming when you have kids, lol. i mean that in the most non bashing, but most sympathetic ways.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Public breast feeding should be illegal. We ban other obscenities, why should we allow this? Public nudity is detrimental to public order. Just another way President Oblahblah is destroying our country.
    How do you think humans made it to the modern age? Breast feeding is natural and not in any way obscene. The obscenity is your thinking.

gemlit-eyed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Grow up

25 years ago I had this same conversation with a man my fathers age. WW2 vet. He said riding the train or bus it was common place to see a woman breast feeding an infant. No shock no titillation just another mom doing what moms do. bottle feeding happened some time in the 1950s and caught on. I recall in the 1960s hippie chicks shocking everyone by breast feeding in public, my parents said "So what". Me, now. Same thing. So what. It is not a show or an unnatural act, mom doing what moms do. The Obcenity is needing a law to protect this action.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    In the late 50's early 60's it was discouraged to breastfeed. My FIL has 6 siblings and NONE were breastfed because the doctors were discouraging it.

Shows you how they felt about breastfeeding then. Not only did they NOT want it done in public, they didn't want it done at all.

About all the "gov't stepping in talk." If your employer is doing something they shouldn't isn't that the role of gov't? Protecting your rights? If not what are we paying them for?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Public breast feeding should be illegal. We ban other obscenities, why should we allow this? Public nudity is detrimental to public order. Just another way President Oblahblah is destroying our country.
    images
    [/baby face palm]

:rolleyes:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Good thing that there are now being provided private areas to do this. I have an opinion on the level of appropriateness, but I'll keep it to myself. The rule I employ is this, if a woman is allowed to breastfeed in public, then I am allowed to stare. If she or her baby daddy dont want me staring, then take that somewhere private.

I think the whole "its natural" is kinda foolish because sex and taking a crap are also natural and we do both of those in private.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good thing that there are now being provided private areas to do this. I have an opinion on the level of appropriateness, but I'll keep it to myself. The rule I employ is this, if a woman is allowed to breastfeed in public, then I am allowed to stare. If she or her baby daddy dont want me staring, then take that somewhere private.

I think the whole "its natural" is kinda foolish because sex and taking a crap are also natural and we do both of those in private.

Stare all you want. The moms I have seen who are breast feeding in public (ie. the mall or restaurant) have all worn a cloth to cover themselves and the baby. So the only thing you will be staring at is a cloth. You will see more "breast" at the night club or beach then when a mom is breast feeding.

In terms of what YOUR PREZ is pushing it has NOTHING to do with breast feeding in PUBLIC. Read the article! READ IT! It has to do with providing a private place for FEDERAL workers to be able to "pump" their milk.

Equal opportunities! I demand a station where I can breast feed my baby as a male! It is my right!!!! Obama, protect me!

Hum... Not sure if you are serious or not but not going to happen as you (a male) cannot PHYSICALLY give milk. & the mom's that can ARE NOT feeding their baby (ie. baby is not at work with them). About the only "equal" you can get is having a break to do whatever (ie. smoke, coffee, etc..) all of which you already have.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Obama orders breastfeeding policy for federal workplace

OK, how many here have breast feeding stations at your work place. Maybe this is common....I don't know. :dunno: (BTW I'm not against breast feeding, I feel that if the child and is still that young he/she needs to be at home and not at work).

Discuss.

1. Best medical evidence is that kids continue to benefit from breast feeding up to two years old. That's a long maternity leave, if you say breast feeding women need to stay home.

2. Most women who breast feed and go back to work don't take the kid to work. They take a pump and store the milk, then have the baby sitter feed it to the kid out of a bottle. So they need about 15 minutes every 3-4 hours, somewhere reasonably private to use the pump, and a fridge to keep the milk in. There are probably some jobs where this is simply incompatible, but for most office jobs, these requirements are pretty reasonable.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Breast feeding stations at work? wouldn't that require the nursing mother to bring their infant/child to work with them every day?
    Ahh I didn't catch the breast pumping station part ... yea that's fine with me, so long as they squirt a little into my coffee every morning.

From reading the article it is both, women cannot be discriminated against for breastfeeding or pumping milk under what is being proposed.

And no it wouldn't require nursing mothers to bring their infant to work with them. How about when both parents work different shifts? Dad is at home when Mom is at work and brings the child to work on the Moms breaks. Or even if Mom is the worker and Dad is the stay at home one?

The "push" is not to have babies/children at work with mom while the child breastfeeds. It's to provide an area (private) where a mom can pump breastmilk and store in bottles to take home and then feed her child.

In most work places (currenlty) there is no private place for a mom to do this. Most end up going to the bathroom with their pump to preform such an action. While it's semi-private (no men) you still may ave other females walking in on them.

IN code requires I won't say most but quite a few work places to provide a place for mom to do this. Any employer of over 25 people must provide a private place other than a toilet stall for women who have to express milk if it is reasonably possible.
    Indiana Code 5-10-6
    Indiana Code 22-2-14
    Careful what you wish for.
    Milk may taste "hot/spicy" if "mom" eats spicy food.
    Milk can contain alcoholo if "mom" drinks prior to releasing said milk.
    There is a down side to this? :dunno:
    :D I like spicy bloody mary's, I'm sure spicy boozy breast milk wouldn't be too bad
    My wife and I are talking about having another one, perhaps if we do I'll have to take her to a Thai or mexican restaurant and then get her drunk.:rockwoot:

I saw a show where a mother was still breastfeeding her 9 year old boy. Talk about issues.

Never seen a 9 yr old do it, but I have seen a 4-5 year old. While I have absolutely no problem with women breastfeeding and think it is a great thing, it is a bit disconcerting to watch a kid walk up and pop out a boobie to get a drink:n00b:

Public breast feeding should be illegal. We ban other obscenities, why should we allow this? Public nudity is detrimental to public order.

What is obscene about a woman feeding her child? Hell what is obscene about a woman's breast period? I'm glad our state has a statute that protects a woman breast feeding from public nudity/obscenity charges. Although I'm very dismayed that one would be required at all.
    Indiana Code 16-35-6

In all seriousness. I think its good for employers to be concerned about making it easy for breast feeding mothers. my wife breast fed our child and I remember a lot of times she would have to go into some dirty filthy bathroom because there was no where else to do it when we were out. she'd not one of the ones who will just whip out a titty and do it in the middle of the mall. why would anyone care if an employer makes it easier for a breast feeding mother? Its best for the baby. And to the guy who thinks mothers can be on maternity leave and finish up breast feeding .......... oh boy son, just wait, you have a rude awakening coming when you have kids, lol. i mean that in the most non bashing, but most sympathetic ways.

I agree completely that it is good for employers to be helpful and considerate for breast feeding mothers. I just don't want Gov mandating it.

And she didn't have to just whip out a titty. They make those little blankets for a reason. Although I have seen women just whip it out.

Hum... Not sure if you are serious or not but not going to happen as you (a male) cannot PHYSICALLY give milk. & the mom's that can ARE NOT feeding their baby (ie. baby is not at work with them). About the only "equal" you can get is having a break to do whatever (ie. smoke, coffee, etc..) all of which you already have.

Actually males have all the equipment to produce milk. Given the right (or wrong as the case may be) hormones they will flow like a Holstein. And in some cases they will produce the hormones themselves.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    IN code requires I won't say most but quite a few work places to provide a place for mom to do this. Any employer of over 25 people must provide a private place other than a toilet stall for women who have to express milk if it is reasonably possible.
    Indiana Code 5-10-6
    Indiana Code 22-2-14

Good caught on the IC. The OP's article says that YOUR PREZ is pushing this for the FEDERAL WORKFORE ONLY right now.

:D I like spicy bloody mary's, I'm sure spicy boozy breast milk wouldn't be too bad
    My wife and I are talking about having another one, perhaps if we do I'll have to take her to a Thai or mexican restaurant and then get her drunk.:rockwoot:
    Sadly you won't get a buzz from that milk. While it will contain alcholo due to your size (ie an adult) the alcohol content in the milk is not that much when compared to your size. An infant WILL get affected however. Thus why if a mom wished to drink AFTER having a baby she can but must pump milk for 24 hours afterward to get the alcohol out of her system

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom