• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Let me know what you liked and did not like.
    I did not like my inconsistency today (or failure to count). :): It did take longer to finish this month even though there were fewer people, but I'm not really sure why. I know you were down your son helping, but it didn't seem like there was a wait between stages. Perhaps more stages even though there were fewer rounds? Appreciate the effort you and your daughter put in to make a good match.

Like movement (whether us, the target or both). Perhaps some SHO/WHO. I like seeing what you come up with. Unfortunately, I don't think I can make the next 2 months. :(

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Between watching my son for safety and helping him top off mags, this is the only video I took of him. I thought he really took to this quickly. Very proud!

[video=youtube_share;2n3PucDrbcY]https://youtu.be/2n3PucDrbcY[/video]

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    He did very well, especially given the ammo issues his gun was having. :yesway:

Other ideas: 1) shooting from seated position (or at least starting there) - I've thought specifically of church or car situation. 2) More use of tarps or barrels and no-shoots to cause you to think. For example, I believe it was the third stage where you really couldn't see the second set of targets until you moved into second box to view past the barrels - perhaps add a no-shoot in that target array. Or the long stage where you had used the snow fence, use tarps instead so you can't see the targets in advance. Then you could place some no-shoots also in some of those. I realize you could still see the bottom of the target stands to know rough placement unless you took the tarps to the ground, but you wouldn't know which were no shoots or whether any were behind "cover". I like your random use of shirts on some as that causes you to pause as well to verify shoot/no-shoot. Speaking of which, I assume you would like donations of old shirts?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I like the suggestions and they all sound reasonable. I am probably not going to be able to do one until July. My June is a mess.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Summers are always busy. We leave for vacation July 21 so very small possibility I can make that one. Aug 18 will work and then attend the air show afterward. :rockwoot:

More ideas: I know most would not want to drop their gun at RCC (and it wouldn't necessarily be safe), but how about starting with firearm on a mat on the ground (as if you had been shot and dropped it) so you pick up WHO and engage.
    Not sure if any normal participants have physical issues preventing such, but shooting on a mat from kneeling or prone (or on the back) perhaps (ie, shooting under a desk, car, etc)?
    Better stop now as I'm getting a bit crazy. Someone could attack while working under your car, right? :D :nuts: I will work on some of this in future practices.

Top Bottom