• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I have not, but the average rating that Midway shows from your link is 2.4/5 stars. Based on that feedback, it doesn't seem to be very highly recommended.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I didnt use this kit, but I did buy a two color kit. It sucked a... Just upgrade to FO or Trijicons and be done with it. Trust me, its MUCH easier.

Protip: skip this paint and use acrylic nail polish. I got better wear and mileage when I did that. And um... it was my wife's nail polish, I swear. :whistle:

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    It works but it's just color.. don't expect it to be like a high quality sight. If you think that way you'll be disappointed. Personally I like using glow in the dark jig paint..

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Night sights are not as helpful as most people seem to believe (and WAY overpriced and fragile). If it is so dark that you cannot see the sights you probably can't really see your target or what is behind it either. I would not take a shot in very dark conditions unless the target was very close and I had no choice - and it will probably be an unsighted shot from a retention position. Everyone should practice shooting from retention with no sights until it's a natural reflex. With a .357 after the first shot your night vision will pretty much be gone. I use a small drop of bright yellow Testor's enamel applied with a toothpick on the front sight of my carry guns. That will show up if there is any ambient light behind you. For target shooting in daylight plain black sights are still the best thing around. Colored plastic sight blades for the Ruger are available. Yellow is the last color to fade from human vision as the light level goes down. Interestingly the color red red goes first.

Last edited:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    just use nail polish on your front sight. degrease it /clean it first, then paint it up.
    I bought a Hi-viz front sight for my gp100 and am very pleased. I dont want/need night nights on that gun, and the $30 price tag of the Hi-viz was perfect for me.

(I had previously painted the front sight with a base coat of white nail polish, then a coat of their bright red -- I still wanted it brightr, but the white undercoat certainly helped)

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I used Glow-On red/orange color and was not impressed. It was not very bright and lost a majority of its glow after an hour or so. I wonder if the bright green would've performed better.

Personally, I think you're better off spending the money on tritium.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My dad bought that same kit in the OP. We have painted several front sights. I also use it on magazine base plates so I can ID my mags. It worked, nothing special.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Don't waste your money. Go to your local hobby store, Wal-Mart, etc. and buy fluorescent model paint if you want brighter day time sights. The Bright Sites paint or the model paint will not glow in the dark like tritium sights. If you want something for dark get some real tritium sights and if you want something for day light get some fiber optic sights.

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    Bright Sights Professional Gun Sight Paint Kit

I wanted a better sight for my GP100. I thought about buying Bright Sight. Have any of you used this type of paint product before?
    I haven't used this particular product, but I have used other glow-in-the-dark paint on my sights. It worked some.... made them higher contrast; more coarse which can be a negative. If you want that stuff to glow, I'm guessing it will require a charge from your light. The stuff I used did at least. It would "glow", I say it that way cause it was pretty faint, for 15ish seconds. I ended up droppin the ching on night sites... mainly to duplicate my carry gun's set up. But, that kinda says something for how effective glow-in-the-dark paint is. On a side note, night sights aren't really that much of a benefit if you will be using them in conjunction with a light. Honestly a good set of three-dots, light, and effective, well practiced technique really can't be beat. But, I will still keep the night sights around in case I can't get to my light fast enough. YMMV
    Col

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    This "paint" has been around since the late 70's and was a no go then. Buy some good quality night sights and be done with it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The reason this paint fails is the lack of cleanliness. I have been using it for twenty years without any trouble. ALL of my three dot sights have been painted orange/green. NONE of them have fallen out, worn off or anything else bad. All of them are as bright as the day I painted them.

If you are careful, follow the directions and mix up the paint well, the stuff works just fine.

That said, it is only model paint. That's ehat I use now that my original paint ran out.
    Just be sure you degrease the sight with nail polish remover or alcohol and do that well.

Top Bottom