• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    So lately my taste in music has changed from rap, to more country and 70's-80's...

Not looking for any disco crap either. Cant stand it.

American Pie has been a favorite for a long time (and not the terrible remake by that slut Madonna)..

Lead me to more good music, as the 70's were before my time.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What kind of 70's music? Rock? Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Queen, etc. Southern? Skynyrd, Creedence, etc. Highin' music? Pink Floyd, Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin. Jeez, there are so many awesome bands that it's impossible to just name a few.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What kind of 70's music? Rock? Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Queen, etc. Southern? Skynyrd, Creedence, etc. Highin' music? Pink Floyd, Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin. Jeez, there are so many awesome bands that it's impossible to just name a few.

But even so, you left out Aerosmith. And I'm just not sure we can be friends anymore.

HomeGrownNUgly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Portage In
    Journey, Kiss, Boston, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Yes, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Segar, the Cars, Led Zeppelin, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, The Doors, Dire Straits, Eagles, Foreigner, Golden Earing. Sooo much more. Still think the 80's hair metal is better.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You can always add Fleetwood Mac,Jim Croce, Carly Simon, Carol King, Gordon Lightfoot, Chicago, T-Rex, Dr Hook, Sly and the family stone, 2nd generation of Carlos Santana, Robert Cray, Tower of Power,

Last edited:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Hate, I repeat HATE Elvis.... Just cant stand him. Think he was a lousy person, and even worse "musician/singer."

More of the I guess pop? type music of that era? REO would be a good example.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Hate, I repeat HATE Elvis.... Just cant stand him. Think he was a lousy person, and even worse "musician/singer."

More of the I guess pop? type music of that era? REO would be a good example.

How was he a lousy person? He gave complete strangers a crap load of money, and even bought them new cars.

He did A LOT of good.

He may have been a bit TOO close to his mother, but he did a lot more than most rock singers/bands.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Floyd deseves an "etc.", Bowie deserves an "etc.", Even Zeppelin deserves an "etc.", but Aerosmith?
    AEROSMITH??
    You need to make amends.

You're just going to have to fight me for it. I choose slap-fight.

I'm not a fan of Elvis, either. IMO, his music marked the end of the "50's rock", the music that brought us out of the Perry Como generation. The banner was taken up by the Beatles, who ushered in "60's rock", that ultimately lead to all the great bands you're looking for.

Top Bottom