• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Kentucky pastor drops flock for his Glock - Washington Times

Gotta love Paul Helmke's continued claims that armed citizens increase the chance of disaster. Apparently, he does not feel that unarmed, helpless people being gunned down with no chance to defend themselves is as much a disaster as someone shooting the bad guy. People like him are, in my opinion, just as guilty as the shooters themselves in mass shootings. They are responsible for so many soft targets, so many defenseless people in places like schools, workplaces, and churches. They are about controlling people, not crime, and don't care how many bodies they have to climb on their way to power. Disgusting just isn't a strong enough word.

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    What does carring a gun have to do with holliness? I carry every Sunday, there are many wolves out there in sheeps clothing. Acts 20:29

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I go a rather large church and after that incident out in Colorado I carry my M&P with a extra mag all the time. Besides wearing a suit is the easiest way to conceal carry. :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    What some people don't realize is that a pastor isn't a "sanctified sheep," Mr. Pagano said, but a shepherd, the protector of the flock. That includes the physical safety of the parishioners within the church building.

amen!

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    this is no new news to me half my church packs, and the paster does as well. He is not asshamed to let anyone know it either. His outlook is even though we are christian, doesnt make us a target. Even in the bible jesus told his deciples, if you do not have a sward, sell your coat and buy one.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    He's a regular poster over on GlockTalk. I've conversed with him a few times, briefly, as this ball was getting rolling.

He's a good feller.

-J-

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Who would have ever imagined that Church Security would be a fast growing industry????:dunno:

I taught a CPR Class at a church in Hancock County a few weeks ago. During one of the breaks a student also a full time usher noticed the NRA sticker on my laptop. Started chit chatting and ask about my carry piece and told me that the church just paid for all the ushers to take a class on shooting and self defense with pistol. And now all carry during services.

I know where I am going to praise God.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Isn't it great how the Washington Times misrepresented it in the title of the article by saying "dropped his flock for a Glock" insinuating that his gun was more important than his congregation. Yet when you read the article, at least to me, he just found another calling one that helps find ways to protect not just his church but others as well. Way to go Washington Times :rolleyes:.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I am Deacon Chairman at my Church and we have no less than 10-12 men at the Church that carry each Sunday.

We have discussed Church security ever since there was a Pastor shot out West @ 6-8 months ago.

Our church would be the wrong church to choose to get greedy or stupid:ar15:

EDIT: I might add that more than half or so are Police officers there for worship

Last edited:

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    Isn't it great how the Washington Times misrepresented it in the title of the article by saying "dropped his flock for a Glock" insinuating that his gun was more important than his congregation. Yet when you read the article, at least to me, he just found another calling one that helps find ways to protect not just his church but others as well. Way to go Washington Times :rolleyes:.

thought the exact same thing!

As for Mr. Pagano, Mr. Helmke said, "Maybe he should be more concerned about the Fifth Commandment than the Second Amendment."
    The 5th commandment refers to murder, not killing in self-defense!

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    this is no new news to me half my church packs, and the paster does as well. He is not asshamed to let anyone know it either. His outlook is even though we are christian, doesnt make us a target. Even in the bible jesus told his deciples, if you do not have a sward, sell your coat and buy one.
    you wouldn't happen to know where bouts it says that would you??

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    In Luke 22:36, this refers to the hour of Christs Crucifixion being close at hand and now that He was to be taken away from them , they (the disciples) would have to make preparations for their ministries including a purse . . . a bag, and . . . a sword for personal protection. Jesus was about to die and be numbered with the transgressors, a quotation from Isaiah 53:12.

Top Bottom