• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I have a chance to buy a British enfield mk 5 Rifle but I need to know 2 things. What is it Worth and can I get any ammo for it. (303) The bore is good and it has all the markings on it that I could find. The bolt is good and the stock is in great shape. So if any of you out there could help me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Without seeing it it's a crap-shoot.
    I picked up a REALLY nice S.M.L.E. 1944 Lithgow a couple of years ago for $75!
    I've seen others (Enfields) go for a lot more, up to $300+

The Jungle models are a little more rare I think.
    If you could get it for under $300, and it's in REALLY good shape I'd say gor for it.

Ammo is out there, but not in most gun-shops.

Prvi-Partisan makes new brass cased .303 British. I think it's running about $22/20 rounds.

Hope that helps.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    There is one for auction on GunBroker right now.

Starting bid $425, no reserve, no current bids, 5 days 7 hours left on the auction.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If you happen across one, check out the Ishapore "model 7" which is the jungle carbine, but marked 2A1 for 7.62x51. This relieves the ammunition problem. It was originally manufactured for the 7.62, not a refit, but it keeps that sweet bolt. Oh, that Enfield bolt. Excuse me, I'm getting a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    $350-$400 for a decent one. I paid $300ish I think for mine a couple of years ago...and it was WELL worn. Educate yourself on these if you plan on buying from an auction or a private party...there are a lot of No 4's that were converted to No 5's in recent years. Don't get fooled.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Without seeing it it's a crap-shoot.
    I picked up a REALLY nice S.M.L.E. 1944 Lithgow a couple of years ago for $75!
    I've seen others (Enfields) go for a lot more, up to $300+

The Jungle models are a little more rare I think.
    If you could get it for under $300, and it's in REALLY good shape I'd say gor for it.

Ammo is out there, but not in most gun-shops.

Prvi-Partisan makes new brass cased .303 British. I think it's running about $22/20 rounds.

Hope that helps.
    When it's in stock (and if you can beat me to it ;)) Sportsman's Guide has it for $15.99 or $15.19 if you're a Buyer's Club member. :yesway:
    .303 Rifle Ammo | .303 Rifle Ammunition | .303 Rifle Bulk Ammo At Sportsman's Guide

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    I have one, excellent condition from my grandfather. You can get .303, but it ain't cheap. It's darn near as expensive as .22 long. If you get one wear hearing protection, and when you pull the trigger hang on, it's got a nice little kick to it. $500 is about average for one lately, a decent one.

Top Bottom