• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15junkie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Behind enemy lines
    I suspect that napalm is to "old school" for use in today's conflict.

I think you're right. Joe Taxpayer don't have the stomach for carpet bombing and napalm anymore.

The one other difference is that Germany conquered Europe and their actions were very clear and obvious, if the US and others didn't get involved there would be nothing left of GB and most of Europe would have remained under German control as well as some parts of Africa and Russia. All this as opposed to the middle east where the lines (by some people) are a little fuzzy making this a tough battle.

I'm of the opinion that we should use any and all tools available at our disposal to destroy the enemy as quickly and decisively as possible.

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    You hit the nail on the head with the comments on the media. They can spin a news story any way they see fit, and from my experience, it's usually a negative connotation. Casualties happen in war. It's not a nice thing. I have fought my way up the mountains in Afghanistan and it is no pleasure. An A10 with napalm would have been just what the doctor ordered.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Sad, those old Spads were great planes.

The Fokkers were pretty damn deadly too...and so were the planes they flew!

There ain't no magic bullets, you have to hit them in the middle. I am not sure why the same bullet that was very effective against skinny teenagers in Nam has suddenly become ineffective against skinny teenagers in the sandbox. The bullet was made to become unstable once it hit a liquid medium such as the human body and it did that quite well. I have shot gel with some of the old Nam era ammo and it never acted predictably, it would tumble and exit the gel all over the place generally tearing the block up so badly it could only be used for a single shot.

Top Bottom