• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Ok finished reading the actual article I linked above.
    Just go ahead and get two of the double barreled .458 Win Mag’s while you’re at it. One is none. Especially on an African Safari.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anyone here have experience with the line?
    Am I correct that these are a CZ line?
    Any major issues?
    Brno is one of the subsets of CZ-Colt-4M, Dan Wesson, SWISSAA, Colt, CZ and Brno, etc.

The factory is in Morovia (east CR), the HQ is in Prague (west). The factory made tractors, trucks, cars, machine guns, rifles, and now makes mid and high tier rifles as most of the plant has been sold off.

Replacement parts may be issue in USA.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Anyone here have experience with the line?
    Am I correct that these are a CZ line?
    Any major issues?
    The older ones are solid rifles based on a slightly modernized Mauser action. They can be a little rough compared to Model 70s and other Mauser clones but slick up nice. They are really popular in big bore calibers for people that hunt things that have a decent chance to stomp, gore or maul them.

The newer rifles are built to a price point like most sub $1000 rifles now day and are too new to really know how well they will hold up.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The older ones are solid rifles based on a slightly modernized Mauser action. They can be a little rough compared to Model 70s and other Mauser clones but slick up nice. They are really popular in big bore calibers for people that hunt things that have a decent chance to stomp, gore or maul them.

The newer rifles are built to a price point like most sub $1000 rifles now day and are too new to really know how well they will hold up.
    I know someone who made his own Mauser in 500 Jeffers just to prove it could be done. He had read an article a long time ago about someone who took the same weapon on safari and took down a cape buffalo with a 47" chest that was a through and through killing a slightly smaller cape behind it.

Those large bore people sleep well at night cuz they afraid of no boogie man...

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I know someone who made his own Mauser in 500 Jeffers just to prove it could be done. He had read an article a long time ago about someone who took the same weapon on safari and took down a cape buffalo with a 47" chest that was a through and through killing a slightly smaller cape behind it.

Those large bore people sleep well at night cuz they afraid of no boogie man...
    The older CZ/BRNO rifles were available in full magnum length actions and standard offerings were available up to .416 Rigby and .458 Lott. The custom shop offered chamberings in most of the Jeffery calibers all the way up to .505 Gibbs.

I used to have one chambered in .416 Rigby. The modern steel of the action and massive case capacity allowed for .416 Weatherby level loads. I stopped short of that level but still managed to work up rather stout loads on mine. If you survived standing behind it, then anything in front of it was a whole lot less scary.

Top Bottom