• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    So saturday at the range my nightmares were proven true. I pulled the trigger of my taurus pt145 and "click". since it is a da/sa i pull the trigger again "click click click click clickety click" light primer strikes. i break down the gun and noticed the green PLASTIC piece that holds the spring is broken. i call taurus customer service today and tell them it broke. the lady comes back after placing me on hold and tells me it will be two dollars and some change. i ask why it isn't covered under their "Lifetime waranty". she says it is but i have to ship the gun back to them. I ask what i need to do to get a shipping label, no dice. she proceeds to tell me that they only pay for shipping both ways within the first year after it leaves the factory. so i would have to pay $50 dollars to ship the pistol in to get a $2 part for free:n00b: -1 Taurus customer service and lifetime warranty. After i get the replacement part this gun will be for sale.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I fail to see the problem here. Taurus is willing to honor their lifetime warranty if you ship them the gun so they can work on it. If you choose not to avail yourself of that option, they will sell you the required part at a nominal cost so you can complete the repair yourself. Seems pretty cut-and-dried, and not at all unreasonable.

How long ago did you buy the gun? Many shops will pick up the bill to send the gun back for repair if it is within a reasonable (as established by them) time after purchase.

My :twocents:

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    $2 and some change?!?
    That seems pretty reasonable to me.
    I think you will find it to be relatively easy to replace that broken part.

The could have said ship it to us or forget it.
    That would be reason to be mad.

I do like to 'tinker' though.
    Some people don't.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    $2 and some change?!?
    That seem pretty reasonable to me.
    I think you will find it to be relatively easy to replace that broken part.

The could have said ship it to us or forget it.
    That would be reason to be mad.

I do like to 'tinker' though.
    Some people don't.

Yuppers...have to agree. $2??? Don't know what's fluffling yer feathers....

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    it isn't the 2 dollars that bugs me it is the fact that they have a lifetime warranty that they don't honor. why would you have to pay to ship something back to them because it was shipped out with a faulty part.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    All of us are correct here..

it isn't the 2 dollars that bugs me it is the fact that they have a lifetime warranty that they don't honor. why would you have to pay to ship something back to them because it was shipped out with a faulty part.

furby, you are right-Lifetime Warranty, to me MEANS Lifetime Warranty.:rockwoot:--With that said, IMO parts are known to wear, especially PLASTIC parts! Springs also wear.
    They would more customer friendly to eat the $2.00+, and just send you your parts.
    As a retired GM Master Technician, I would like to have a dollar for every customer that I have come across, that thought that the "Bumper to Bumper" GM warranty would cover every thing..NOT:
    Brake Pads
    Wiper Blades
    Filters
    Fluids
    Glass
    Clutch Linings
    Belts/Hoses
    Etc.

I think we all would like the "Warranty World" to be handled like Dillon Precision does--NO BS!!!:dunno:
    Reality is most do NOT...Just my :twocents: worth..Bill.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    furby, you are right-Lifetime Warranty, to me MEANS Lifetime Warranty.:rockwoot:--With that said, IMO parts are known to wear, especially PLASTIC parts! Springs also wear.
    They would more customer friendly to eat the $2.00+, and just send you your parts.
    As a retired GM Master Technician, I would like to have a dollar for every customer that I have come across, that thought that the "Bumper to Bumper" GM warranty would cover every thing..NOT:
    Brake Pads
    Wiper Blades
    Filters
    Fluids
    Glass
    Clutch Linings
    Belts/Hoses
    Etc.

I think we all would like the "Warranty World" to be handled like Dillon Precision does--NO BS!!!:dunno:
    Reality is most do NOT...Just my :twocents: worth..Bill.
    yea i just can't justify having to replace this every 700 or 800 rounds though that just seems like poor engineering to me.

yikes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    South of Gnaw Bone
    Get it fixed and get rid of it.
    At what time in your life will it be convenient for this to break again? Will your life be put in danger because of this expected break down?
    How can anyone ever again trust this gun?

Top Bottom