• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Just thought I share with you what my brother in law has done to get better prepared.

It all started a while back when he said he's coming to my place if things get bad. I said you'd better come prepared because I'm not going to see my kids not have food because he wasn't prepared. At first he got alittle upset, then I sent him some email lists.

Over the weekend he showed me what he's done, and he is now welcome to show up at my place in a major event. He has six totes of gear and other stuff that would make his showing up at my place a minor issue. He also has a unique job and would be a plus to have.

His biggest purchase was a new full sized SUV that can easily bring his critical gear and loading it would go quickly. He also have about 6 duffle bags he'd use for soft stuff to force into corners and stuff. For Chirstmas he got a soft top storage unit to tie down on the top of his truck for other gear.

Overall, I'm impressed. You can teach an old dog new tricks.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    Fantastic! When my B.I.L. (who earns more than my wife & I combined) gave me the, "When the SHTF we're coming to *your* house" spiel, I told him that I'd prefer he didn't; I'd have enough problems on my hands without having to use up my ammo on him, my sister & niece. When he said he couldn't believe what I'd just said, I asked him how he would feel about having someone who made more $$ than he did suddenly moving into *his* house, contributing nothing, and depleting *his* icebox.

He's doing his own prepping now, too :D

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Fantastic! When my B.I.L. (who earns more than my wife & I combined) gave me the, "When the SHTF we're coming to *your* house" spiel, I told him that I'd prefer he didn't; I'd have enough problems on my hands without having to use up my ammo on him, my sister & niece. When he said he couldn't believe what I'd just said, I asked him how he would feel about having someone who made more $$ than he did suddenly moving into *his* house, contributing nothing, and depleting *his* icebox.

He's doing his own prepping now, too :D

I hit the BIL with the same issue and he went OH crap, you could be the one. I'm stuck dealing with. That worked as well as the emails.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've got one BIL who signed up for a second tour hunting Charlie cause he thought it was "fun". Sent me a huge box of MREs just because he heard I was thinking of stocking some in a while back. The other one makes more money than God as an independent contractor. "Just doing paperwork and helping get ships in and out of port". Right. I don't think either of them would be a problem, or a drain on supplies. Of course, when we admitted their dad last month the nurse did a double take, just like in the movies, when she asked if he'd had any previous surgeries, and my wife said only the steel plate in his head, and I added, "courtesy of the nazis". Tough bunch.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If I were to get married then the "character" who would become my brother in law would be better off not coming here if he needs something.:twocents:

Top Bottom