• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Not sure if they sent this to everyone on their list or just people affected by the PMag backorder debacle. I think I was one of the people who got them later, but I don't care as long as I got them.

--------------

Dear Folks,
    We want to thank everyone for your patience with us. Thanks especially to those of you who told us orders were being delivered "out of cycle." We’ve been in business an awfully long time and are proud of our reputation for great service, so we had to find out what was going on.

And we found the problem. Simple really. About 15 years ago we put in place system logic prioritizing a few back orders ahead of others. It was a rare situation, but necessary at the time and under normal market conditions back then, those reasons made sense.

Then the world changed, and back orders ballooned into the thousands – literally – and our system and the vendor’s ability to keep up just broke that logic. About 300 orders were moved to the head of the line under the old system logic, and had their orders shipped ahead of where they should have been in line. It moved all the rest of you back about 300 places in line – which, rightfully so, caused an uproar.

When we found the problem, we immediately disabled this logic, truly resuming our first in first out policy. The real problem is that demand is far greater than any factory’s ability to quickly catch up.

The good news is we have cured the broken system logic; thanks for telling us. We are shipping in order received, and handling your orders the way we have always tried to – honestly, fairly, and with everything right on top of the table.
    Best, Frank &amp Pete Brownell

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    +1 for Brownell. Not too many companies will admit when they were wrong or have a problem. To me, as long as someone admits a problem and is working to fix it I have no issues with them. I hate it when someone makes excuses and/or ignores the problem.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    +1 for Brownell. Not too many companies will admit when they were wrong or have a problem. To me, as long as someone admits a problem and is working to fix it I have no issues with them. I hate it when someone makes excuses and/or ignores the problem.

So true. It's uncommon unfortunately.

It's not as if everyone else knows the truth and the company that made the flub can either fess up and admit it or go on the defensive and deny, deny, deny...

I see individuals do it all the time, corporations more frequently than the past.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Not sure if they sent this to everyone on their list or just people affected by the PMag backorder debacle. I think I was one of the people who got them later, but I don't care as long as I got them.

--------------

Dear Folks,
    We want to thank everyone for your patience with us. Thanks especially to those of you who told us orders were being delivered "out of cycle." We’ve been in business an awfully long time and are proud of our reputation for great service, so we had to find out what was going on.

And we found the problem. Simple really. About 15 years ago we put in place system logic prioritizing a few back orders ahead of others. It was a rare situation, but necessary at the time and under normal market conditions back then, those reasons made sense.

Then the world changed, and back orders ballooned into the thousands – literally – and our system and the vendor’s ability to keep up just broke that logic. About 300 orders were moved to the head of the line under the old system logic, and had their orders shipped ahead of where they should have been in line. It moved all the rest of you back about 300 places in line – which, rightfully so, caused an uproar.

When we found the problem, we immediately disabled this logic, truly resuming our first in first out policy. The real problem is that demand is far greater than any factory’s ability to quickly catch up.

The good news is we have cured the broken system logic; thanks for telling us. We are shipping in order received, and handling your orders the way we have always tried to – honestly, fairly, and with everything right on top of the table.
    Best, Frank &amp Pete Brownell

When did you order yours? 2/3rds of my order still showed IN STOCK when I ordered and I still haven't gotten jack :(.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Estimated arrival time: 1 month to never.

Can't believe they didn't think to adhere to first-in first-out.

Did you read the letter lol? It said it was their system's programming mistake. They are too big to rely on an employee sorting the orders, they let the computer do it. The computer messed up and orders were sent out incorrectly. They do adhere to FIFO, but made a mistake.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Did you read the letter lol? It said it was their system's programming mistake. They are too big to rely on an employee sorting the orders, they let the computer do it. The computer messed up and orders were sent out incorrectly. They do adhere to FIFO, but made a mistake.

I read the letter.
    Still unimpressed with their response and reason for it.
    But at least this should get their sorting algorithms into the 21st century.

Top Bottom