Browning Black Label 1911-22: buuy or pass.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer5650

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2013
    Bedford
    1. Interesting. Therefore, being all metal, it should not be as light, which I objected to (the 85% was not desirable for a 1911 either).
    2. If I ever get a chance I'll shoot one: the reliability factor is what really got my attention in my research, which is one of the reasons I bought the S/W M/P Compact 22LR: research.
    I really liked the fact that it is downsized, to me full size 1911 in 22lr is a bit much. Not sure how the weight of the all metal version (aluminum) compares with the composite.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I really liked the fact that it is downsized, to me full size 1911 in 22lr is a bit much. Not sure how the weight of the all metal version (aluminum) compares with the composite.

1. Since I have a "bevy" of small and medium sized 22s, I wanted the biggest and heaviest I could find.
    2. Last night, with the purchase of the RIA 1911 (all metal) and then I also got in a "group" purchase a S/W 22A that is big, with a huge handle, feels heavy as well, so I got 3 heavy 22LR revolvers (Smith 617, Taurus Tracker 990, Taurus Tracker 22 magnum) and 3 heavy semi-autos mentioned.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    1. I saw that on Armslist and it had been withdrawn, perhaps he sold it. thanks for the heads-up, though! :thumbsup:
    2. I did send him a pm since the price is good for the Browning (generally selling for $400+), and I only have two 1911-22LRs :laugh: (RIA and GSG w/upgrades)

I see it is SPF. Be sure and do a range report :ingo: You put in some pics and keep it fairly concise and the mods may drop it in the real world reviews forum.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I see it is SPF. Be sure and do a range report :ingo: You put in some pics and keep it fairly concise and the mods may drop it in the real world reviews forum.

1. I sent him a pm congratulating his sale.
    2. He said I was the only one who'd shown any interest then: "bam" it sold for a little less than he wanted: I assume since he'd dropped the price down from $650 to $600, I assume he took $575.
    3. I would have bought it for $500, but I didn't want to insult him with a low offer.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    1. I sent him a pm congratulating his sale.
    2. He said I was the only one who'd shown any interest then: "bam" it sold for a little less than he wanted: I assume since he'd dropped the price down from $650 to $600, I assume he took $575.
    3. I would have bought it for $500, but I didn't want to insult him with a low offer.

It was $350 in the ad. Are we talking about the same thing?

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Maybe I'm missing the whole jist of this thread, but if you want a 1911/.22 that really shoots...I suggest a real 1911 (pick your brand,Colt,Kimber, whatever) and buy a .22 conversion kit from Advantage Arms or Marvel and get to shooting. Real competitors still use these in competitions (bullseye 2700).

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Maybe I'm missing the whole jist of this thread, but if you want a 1911/.22 that really shoots...I suggest a real 1911 (pick your brand,Colt,Kimber, whatever) and buy a .22 conversion kit from Advantage Arms or Marvel and get to shooting. Real competitors still use these in competitions (bullseye 2700).

I don’t see the OP going this route just based on the cost factor. If you haven’t picked up yet from the different threads, the OP is less concerned about buying the nicest firearms and enjoys the hunt of a “good buy” as much, if not more, than the forearms themselves.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Yep, you're probably right.
    But if your pistol isn't "x ring accurate" any "x's" you shoot are just misses in a different direction.
    I didn't/don't know if he knew these conversion kits were even available. Just food for thought.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don’t see the OP going this route just based on the cost factor. If you haven’t picked up yet from the different threads, the OP is less concerned about buying the nicest firearms and enjoys the hunt of a “good buy” as much, if not more, than the forearms themselves.

Yep, you're probably right.
    But if your pistol isn't "x ring accurate" any "x's" you shoot are just misses in a different direction.
    I didn't/don't know if he knew these conversion kits were even available. Just food for thought.

Yep, we already had a conversation at one point on the conversion kits. Now when I see something that meets what appears to be his MO in the classifieds I just point it out to :stickpoke: a bit and after he buys it see his review ... but yeah, there seems to not be much rhyme or reason other than price, 22's (except when its a 380 or a 9 or a 45 or...) and stainless or what passes for stainless such as nickel, etc and wood grips.

I just read'em, I don't write'em, but he seems to be having fun.

Top Bottom