• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    SOLD ON 3/1/2014 To Specialized -- Thanks!

As the title says, I am selling my Browning BPS Upland Special 12 Ga Shotgun. See the Browning product description here. It is a great gun and they still make it just like the one I am selling.

MSRP = $699 (Funny, I paid just over $600 for it 27 years ago)
    Retail = $570 at CheaperThanDirt.com + shipping and FFL transfer
    $699 at Gander Mountain in 20 ga. I assume the same for 12 ga if they had it.

New Price 2/25/14 $425 Cashola

I purchased the gun new in 1985. My guess is that I have over 2,000 rounds through it. I have hunted doves a few times but mostly shot skeet with it. Not a great skeet gun but the practice made me a better shooter. See the link for more details at the Browning site. The most notable feature is the bottom eject design. It has walnut stock with checkering and blue glossy finish on the steel. It comes with the three invector choke tubes (full, mod, improved cyl) and the installation tool that came with the gun. 22" barrel and 7lb-8oz unloaded.

The gun is in near mint condition. I keep it stored in a hard sided gun case. For the past 20 years I only get it out to wipe the dust off and oil it now and then. If I go to the shotgun range for any reason, I take it along and run a box of shells through it. It is a pleasure to shoot. The recoil pad shown on this gun came installed on the gun when I purchased it new. This model is nearly identical to the shotgun shown on the link above. Made in Japan.

Bluing is 100% - no scuffs or dings on the metal. No rust anywhere on this gun. There are a couple of nicks in the wood. The pics don't really do this gun justice. My good digital camera is broken and I had to get by with my phone camera. I am selling to fund another gun purchase and because I just don't use this gun.

Here are some pictures:

The last picture shows the Invector Choke tubes and tool. There are three tubes: Full (installed in barrel), Improved Cylinder, and Modified. The plastic plug in this pic can be put in the magazine to limit the gun to 3 rounds where hunting regs require it. Choke tubes install and uninstall easily.

I am located on the SW side of Indy. I want to meet FTF and will drive up to 30 miles to meet with you. If you need me to go a little farther just let me know and we can work something out.

Price = $475 and I will consider serious cash offers. PM me with questions or pic requests.

Edit: Not interested in trades.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom