• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    I recently bought a Buckmark URX from an INGO member. I first want to say, be honest when selling a gun to someone else. If it has issues, be up front about it. The gun I bought misfires at least once every magazine. The slide is not closing all the way, keeping the firing pin from striking the round. After a successful shot, I have to push the slide forward with my thumb. It looks like the ejector may be causing the interference. I have thoroughly cleaned the gun so contamination is not the issue. Has anyone had similar issues and if so, how did you fix it?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I too bought a used Buck Mark URX and I've had problems with it stovepiping way more than what is acceptable.

I have a Buck Mark rifle that works fine with the same ammo and mags.

If you take yours somewhere or find someone to work on it, please post here. I'd like to find someone really knowledgeable with these guns.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Two posts.

Try some ammo with copper plating on the outside.

Also is the mag coming loose or just the round has fail to feed issues, On mine I was hitting the mag release a bit with my thumb and it would pop open just a little and needed to be reseated.

Once i got placing the thumb correctly the issues ended. It has run flawless for years.

Yours sounds like it has buildup in the chamber area or has shot sticky remington ammo. If ammo is left in a hot area the wax releases. Becomes sticky. Causes the errors you are talking about.

The buckmark is normally a very good shooter without failures.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Some 22 firearms are TREMENDOUSLY picky on what ammo they use. The Advantage Arms kit I use for my Glock will only reliably work with Golden Bullet ammo. Period, no questions, I've tried CCI, Federal, S&B, Blazer, etc - they all have issues. Golden Bullet works with no problems.

Just something to consider..

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I recently bought a Buckmark URX from an INGO member. I first want to say, be honest when selling a gun to someone else. If it has issues, be up front about it. The gun I bought misfires at least once every magazine.

Explain "misfires". Do you mean it does what you posted below? Because that's not a misfire (which in rimfires is usually a ammo/primer problem), that's a failure to go into battery (which can also be ammo related).

The slide is not closing all the way, keeping the firing pin from striking the round. After a successful shot, I have to push the slide forward with my thumb. It looks like the ejector may be causing the interference. I have thoroughly cleaned the gun so contamination is not the issue. Has anyone had similar issues and if so, how did you fix it?

Have you tried another brand or lot of ammo?

When it's not in battery and you pull the trigger, what happens? If the gun does not fire when not in full battery that's a VERY GOOD thing.

If there is no ammo in the gun, does it go into battery every time? (Not going into battery can be an ammo problem.)

If you have cleaned, check the chamber visually again, sometimes crud and wax can build up near the case mouth - when my Buckmark stops going into battery this is always my issue. Cleaning and oiling always solves it. It can also be the cause of stovepipes.

My Ruger .22/45 is much more ammo sensitive (it won't feed standard velocity ammo - it short strokes and the case gets jammed and dented.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have no experience with the Buckmark pistol but I agree on trying different types of ammo. Rimfire semi auto's can be picky, and welcome to INGO. Glad to see you getting some quality posts. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Thanks for all the good posts. To answer some of the questions, the gun has been completely cleaned. The issue occurs with three different types of ammo. Its not the ammo. I can get the slide to hang up if I move it forward slowly. It seems to be the extractor causing the slide to not close.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Regarding my issue with the slide not completely closing when firing my buckmark, my extractor was indeed the issue. The great folks at The Outdoorsman evaluated my pistol and found that the extractor was causing interference. They shaved off a bit of the extractor and cleaned a small burr from the chamber. As soon as the sun comes up, I'll be field testing the pistol. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Top Bottom