• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    My neighbor just got his LTCH and is finally carrying the browning he's owned for a decade. He is looking to conceal, so IWB is preferred, I suppose, but not mandatory if there's an easily concealable OWB.

Thanks guys and gals

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Pretty much any holster that works for a 1911 style pistol will work for a BHP. There are lots to choose from. I prefer leather styles that work well at my 5'oclock IWB.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Honestly and painfully the best way to find a holster is trial and error. I can name plenty of holsters that would well for me but are poor for others. I guess I'm missing exactly what you are asking here :dunno: It's more in how he dresses than what holster he picks for concealment. :twocents:

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    He is a workin man, basically. Just your average Joe, T-shirts in the summer, Hooded sweatshirts in the winter, loose fit jeans (but not baggy.)

Hes a skinny guy, I would say about 5'10'' 160-170. I'm just looking for people with holsters for these, so I can see what is a popular choice to start his trial and error. Again IWB preferred, but not mandatory.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I would suggest staring with something like a Summer Comfort by Galco. It is a very simple and affordable holster to start. When I get another HP this is the holster I plan to use. Comp-tac makes great holsters but I do not know of any place that stocks them so it could be a gamble to buy without trying. If he has a good shop near by I'd suggest what I use to do, try on as many as possible in the store.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    For my High Power, I have a simple Bianchi, swade IWB, a Raven Concealment, an Uncle Mike's nylon which are all made for the HP. Also have a Blade-Tech for 1911 which works too. The 1911 holsters work for the HP but the HP holsters may not fit the 1911s. The Bianchi and Uncle Mikes are low $ and work but are not too stable, tend to tilt forward or back because they only have a single belt clip. The Raven is very comfortable and stable as it has two belt clips set some distance apart to stabelize the holster and distribute the weight. This is my personal favorate IWB with the BladeTech a close second. The Cross Breed design looks very nice. Actually, I modified my Raven into a semi Cross-Breed after the plastic wings that hold the clips kept cracking. Made new wings out of heavy leather. Now it's damn near perfect and tuckable too. Holsters are a very personal thing. You just have to try them out. I've got a box full of various styles and sizes.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    What works for one guy might not for another guy. Only real way to tell is try a lot of different holsters. A lot of gun guys have draws full of holsters. Find a couple that will let him try out a few to see what he likes. I got boxes of holsters around here...LOL

Top Bottom