• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Is it safe to shoot? I'd always been told that the WWII ones were not safe to shoot due to intentional defects created by the workers at the FN factory.

Never heard that about small arms. Tanks and complicated machinery then yes. IMO jacking up a pistol on purpose would probably be a fast way to a bullet in the head. To easy to detect. A assumption on my part.

I love High Powers. I used to own a German tangent sight,rear grip slotted for a stock HP in mint condition. Got it in a trade. Had it a few years and just could not turn down a offer I got from a collector.:D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I like Hi Powers too...

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9518.jpg

IMG_9522.jpg

IMG_9526.jpg

Got any pics of yours?

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Either way you do it, stripping and rebluing, or just leaving as is...it's still gonna be just a refinished P35. I'm in the same boat. I've got a 1943 Waffenamt P35 that someone in the past reblued...nice job, but the collector value is about half of what it once was. Your looking at about a $550-600 gun now. Go ahead and shoot it to check for function, I shot mine quite a bit until I broke the extractor (took about 6 months to find another) so now it just sits. As for the sabotage info, I was always informed that quality remained good until about mid 1944....any made after that point were susceptible to being tampered with or shoddy workmanship in general (the Germans had more important things to worry about after the invasion).

Top Bottom