• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Depends. ;-)

Talking DGFM Argentine HP or a clone like an FEG or Arcus?

One of the FEG guns can be had for $350-ish, give or take.

The DGFMs are creeping up in price due to availability.

Don't know about the Arcus guns, but probably a schosh higher than the FEG.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Prices very quite a bit from the different manufacturers. Belgium, Belgium/Portugal, FEG, Argus, FM, etc... There are a bunch of early Belgium Hi Powers that are Israeli trade in floating around that are going pretty cheap. But I'd say the clones would start around $350 or so. Just a guess though. For what it's worth the FEGs are great pistols and as close to a Belgium HP as you can get IMO.

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Have only ever seen one dgfm, would love to get ahold of one. Saw a Charles Daly clone on armslist for 350 this week....

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    I will have to say my Browning H.P. 9 Belgium made is still one of my favorite pistols. She has become a safe queen but then again she EARNED IT!!!

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    A few years back, I found Hi Power at a LGS and about wet my pants. The Hi Power below are difficult to find. I'm not sure about the value of Satin Chrome 9 mm but it's likely in the 850.00 range.

BrownHiPwrB_zps8fd8de2b.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    its all about condition. mint made in Belgium assembled in Portugal hi power 600-800 hundred. the sights have a lot to do with it also. a fixed military sight might be less. however an adjustable or tangent sight will be a little more. love hi powers.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    JBI812, Your gun is Satin Nickel, Manufactured in 1982, the 42,763 they made that year. Some were Polished Nickel (Look like they belong in a Brothel in New Orleans). The Nickel finish was used in the early 80's. Gotta love those Hi Powers! :patriot:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    A few years back, I found Hi Power at a LGS and about wet my pants. The Hi Power below are difficult to find. I'm not sure about the value of Satin Chrome 9 mm but it's likely in the 850.00 range.

[/URL][/IMG]

Maybe I'm a little anal, but I like to put the pin back in the trigger after removing the mag safety (disconnect). :dunno:

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    A few weeks ago, my son won a rebuilt Israeli surplus Hi Power on Gunbroker that had a new but rough parkerized finish. It has a Belgian slide even though the listing stated that the gun was Argentine. However there weren't any Argentine markings on it at all. The barrel had been reserialized about 3-4 times but the bore was in great shape. And the trigger was surprisingly nice for a Hi Power. The price delivered to the gun shop was ~$259, and it was one of the cheapest of many refurbished FN Hi Powers that the same outfit was selling. We tried it out at the gun shop's indoor range before leaving with it and it fired a tiny group right to the point of aim. I couldn't believe what a good shooter it is. And what a good deal for the price!

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

[/URL][/IMG]

Ahhh...the Satin Chromes.....Sexy. More than likely, those are $900+ now, hell some Practicals go for $820 on GB and those are the ones with the fixed sights, seems like the adjustables don't pop up ofter.

That being said and we're sharing

I lucked into mine, picked up the Mil Tac grips cause I didn't like those Pachmayers, stainless grip screws coming...

Personal preference though, I don't really mind the hole for the disconnect, I have a WaA140 Hi Power and it's been taken out, hole is pretty visible.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    A few weeks ago, my son won a rebuilt Israeli surplus Hi Power on Gunbroker that had a new but rough parkerized finish. It has a Belgian slide even though the listing stated that the gun was Argentine. However there weren't any Argentine markings on it at all. The barrel had been reserialized about 3-4 times but the bore was in great shape. And the trigger was surprisingly nice for a Hi Power. The price delivered to the gun shop was ~$259, and it was one of the cheapest of many refurbished FN Hi Powers that the same outfit was selling. We tried it out at the gun shop's indoor range before leaving with it and it fired a tiny group right to the point of aim. I couldn't believe what a good shooter it is. And what a good deal for the price!

I have won 2 very nice FEG Hi-Powers this year off gunbroker. I paid $339 for the first 1 and $357 for the 2nd. The deals are out there.

Top Bottom