• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomCubed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I'd love to have one of these but I don't seem to be able to find one locally, and those online are priced in the premium range (1k+) that I have to consider long and hard before I jump on that.
    Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price?

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Call Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka. the last couple of times I've been in there they had a couple HP's. I believe they were Mark III's. I think they were a little high for being in the used case. I think they were priced around $800 ish. But, they were pristine.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Found mine in a shop in Greenfield. Satin nickel finish with gold trigger. It's a real find and worth every bit of the 650.00 that it cost. They had another (blue model) ready for someone to take home and still less than 700.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    You may want to check into GunBroker.

I picked up a couple there. Both well under $500. Both were in great shape, all matching numbers, etc.

On one (a Belgium), I removed the mag safety and installed a new trigger, sear assembly which got the trigger pull down to about 2.5 pounds. It is an outstanding pistol and often serves as my EDC.

The second is going to get the same treatment. The finish on this one is a little rough so it may end up getting refinished. This one is Hungarian... not quite as desirable as the Belgium so I may not mess with the refinishing.... but I only paid $275 for it. Heck, at that price it is not much more than a CZ82!

Look around... plenty of Browning HPs out there at a wide variety of price points. They are outstanding pistols!

Good luck!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Its high price reflects the excellence of its choice. You have good taste. I wish you good fortune in your search, but realize "you get what you pay for" has a corollary in "you pay for what you get". This is why you don't see high prices on Hi Points so much.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can almost always find one at the 1500 for under $1K, in any finish or caliber. They aren't plentiful, but you can find them. If you would be willing to try one of the clones, I'd look for a FM or Arcus. Supposedly, KS&E has some of the latter, never checked it out though. While it doesn't share the classic lines, I thought the Arcus was every bit of as good a shooter as my Browning, and the FM hasn't let me down yet. I also have a Charles Daly, which required a new part, haven't made up my mind on it yet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom