• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The Rusted Silo is just west of Brownsburg off of 74. It has a small dining area so you might need to do carryout.

Rusted Silo is good. I would probably take out given current environment and social distancing need.

Haven't been to many of the newer places in Bburg due to Covid, since they opened up the new "downtown" area. Would like to try a few.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Okay. Snorko, time for the reveal....

Again thanks to all for the recommendations. As I posted earlier, Thursday I gave Boulder Creek another chance. It was again just OK. See, I like to cook and am very good at it. Some of that comes from paying attention growing up and a lot from working as a cook in a local steak house for 7 years, most of that time as head cook. So it is pretty clear when something is truly made from scratch and when it is a commercial thrown together product. Boulder Creek is the latter. simple things like a wedge salad or a grilled steak are good, anything that is a recipe is mediocre. It is clearly a popular spot but meh.

Unfortunately Friday night I was not hungry as there had been food at my meeting event. I was hoping to try Tegry for sushi or some katsu chicken and Thai Basil looked good but those will have to wait till the next trip.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Again thanks to all for the recommendations. As I posted earlier, Thursday I gave Boulder Creek another chance. It was again just OK. See, I like to cook and am very good at it. Some of that comes from paying attention growing up and a lot from working as a cook in a local steak house for 7 years, most of that time as head cook. So it is pretty clear when something is truly made from scratch and when it is a commercial thrown together product. Boulder Creek is the latter. simple things like a wedge salad or a grilled steak are good, anything that is a recipe is mediocre. It is clearly a popular spot but meh.

Unfortunately Friday night I was not hungry as there had been food at my meeting event. I was hoping to try Tegry for sushi or some katsu chicken and Thai Basil looked good but those will have to wait till the next trip.

Scratch Thai Basil. I had carryout from there on Sat Night and it was horrible. I think that Thai District is putting them out of business or else they just don't care.

I will never go back.

I can forgive one bad dish on a rare occasion. But 3 of the 4 things we ordered were inedible piles of garbage.

Top Bottom