• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Damn, I just read this thread for the first time! I was working practically across the street from where this range would be as the meeting was going on. You can bet I will be in support of this and I sure would have been there had I known. As a local resident I'd welcome a shooting range in my neighborhood, especially an indoor one that allows centerfire weapons and gives my wife a place to learn to shoot. She's not the outdoors type. :(

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    I wish I had read this yesterday. Sounds like a great plan and I pledge support from here on out.
    Lots of ?'s from "friends" of neighbors. I just kept hearing "snark snark snark" and hope the anti gun crowd stays out of it.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    "Can they assure us that were not going to hear, 'pop pop pop?'" Leah Eastridge said.
    Yeah, Leah... We'll try not to let the sounds of an indoor shooting range drown out the soothing sounds of semi trucks running in and out of the INDUSTRIAL PARK you live next to. Now get back in the kitchen b¡tch, and fix me a turkey pot pie!

John Force Racing is next door. I wonder if John is worried about the noise of an indoor gun range located so close to his shop.

"Are those guns going to be loaded or are they not going to be loaded? Did somebody forget to put a safety switch down? You don't know this," Brian Eastridge said. "You get out of your car, you might put your gun on top while you get other stuff… it just takes one accident."
    Wow! Didn't think it was possible for the media to find anybody less knowledgeable about firearms than they are.

Congratulations, RTV6!

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    John Force Racing is next door. I wonder if John is worried about the noise of an indoor gun range located so close to his shop.

I am guessing not. Every single mechanic on Gasoline Alley that I know is a dedicated shooter (those guys can even build their own guns . . . from a block of metal).:D

I think the woman is confused over what an indoor shooting range is.

Maybe the principal and investors will have a DVD to send out to the neighbors or a presentation to explain what an indoor vs. outdoor range is?:dunno:

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I left my card with Joe and told him if he has any public hearings to try and let me know 2-3 days in advance and I will post up on INGO to rally support for the cause

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I drove past Pedregon's shop just now (it's about a block down the street from my business) and any concerns about noise or stray rounds are completely unfounded if the range is designed and built to proper standards. John Force's shop is actually at the other end of the street; the proposed location for the range is near the dead end of the street. Force's shop is at Southpoint and Northfield.

I want to help make this happen if there's any way I can. We design and manufacture medical products here (surgical instrument and implant cases and trays) and the noise from the dropping of free weights and kettlebells in the gym next door is far more obnixious than what would come from an indoor range. Also lots of shops around here run engines in test cells and on chassis dynos but that's music to me like gunfire ;)

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I am guessing not. Every single mechanic on Gasoline Alley that I know is a dedicated shooter (those guys can even build their own guns . . . from a block of metal).:D
    Forgot the purple. Fixed now.;)

Have you seen the inside of that shop? I forgot how many CNC machines they have. I think the only major part of the motors they don't make in-house is the crank. If John wants coffee, they probably mill the cup while it's brewing.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I left my card with Joe and told him if he has any public hearings to try and let me know 2-3 days in advance and I will post up on INGO to rally support for the cause
    Please do. I'm in on this one. Sorry I didn't catch this thread until about 10pm last night, or I'd have been at the meeting.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Wow! Didn't think it was possible for the media to find anybody less knowledgeable about firearms than they are.

Congratulations, RTV6!

RTV6 probably spent a couple of hours going door to door trying to find someone like this couple.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    RTV6 probably spent a couple of hours going door to door trying to find someone like this couple.

As a member of Public Safety I notice on any emergency scene the majority of people try to avoid the news crew. People such as these two are normally the first in line to be interviewed.
    Just saying....

Nigil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Wonder what the time frame will be for a decision. Would love to have a range near me.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I've talked to people involved with this range for a few months and they are saying once the location is confirmed ..... Under 6 months.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.

My brother is one of the people that lives with his backyard facing the building. We grew up around guns and are both gun owners. RTV 6 wanted to know if he wanted to be interviewed for the piece but he declined which was a smart idea in hindsight. He lives next to the two people that were interviewed. My sister-in-law went to go talk to them about the piece that aired. They stated they don't have a problem with it and just want to make sure safety was their highest priority. However, RTV 6 edited their interview to the point where it no longer represented their opinion.

RTV6 had a much more negative bias built in to their story than Fox 59 where most people weren't worried about it as long as its safe which just reinforces the view that you can't trust most news. This has been the final straw so I've switched local news to Fox 59.

Just because it's on the news doesn't mean it's news.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    No, they didnt' have to look far. This couple was sitting in the front row at the meeting.

I didn't see a truck for WRTV 6 in the parking lot when I left, but they may have bugged out earlier. I did see trucks from WTHR 13 and WXIN 59. I'm sure that every broadcast news producer in the country salivates at the opportunity to show conflict between pro-gun and anti-gun folks.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Wonder what the time frame will be for a decision.
    I believe that the earliest the issue can get onto the Brownsburg BZA agenda is April. If the range gets a green light from the BZA, it's then up to the range owner to mobilize his construction effort.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    DANG!! Wish I read this on my lunch break YESERDAY!!! I would od showed up with my new INGO hat and some metal on my hip.
    I work at the coner of Northfeild and Southpoint, and this is the first Ive heard of this. It would be great for the area. I know about 10-15 of us would use alot.
    I did hear that once C-C firearms got their feet on the ground and running from their new start up, they had talks about builing an indoor range in their store at the corner of Raceway and US 136.

We need something like this on the West Side!!!
    I

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I wish them luck!!! Most communities seem to be against anything but churches, more government, and subsidized housing! I sure hope they don't want a sign!!!

Top Bottom