Bruised male ego. GF just kicked my ....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Bruised male ego....
    My GF just bested me on a paper shoot for the first time this morning.
    She's had her Kimber 1911 for less than 3 months now and just beat me by 2 pts on a paper shoot to 100 pts.
    Range was 20 yards, 49 shots.
    She's deadly on paper targets.
    Not bad for a gal that was afraid of handguns 6 months ago.
    Watch it guys...

Hoosier1816

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Why is your male ego bruised and not just your general ego? I don't distinguish between male, female, adult or child. I'm competitive and a lot of people shoot better than I. I don't like it, but there it is. Congratulations to her. You don't get a participation ribbon. :)

CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    I concur. I appreciate gender banter in a fun way, but why does having a penis automatic make on a better shot. That's like saying that just because one has boobs they can wash dishes better.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Yeah, it's hard to let the male ego die.
    I remember when my wife finally got better than me at Tiger Woods golf on the Wii. That sucked. I felt like wacking her about the head with my virtual driver. (kidding).
    My wife don't like to handle things that go "BOOM." Thankfully, she encourages me to carry and has no problem with guns in the home. And I am at least better than her at knocking off tree rats in the back yard.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    All teasing aside I'm darned proud of her. She's taken up shooting very seriously since deciding to buy her own gun.
    She's found ammo that works well in her gun and developed a good mechanical form for shooting paper.
    The next step is to get her away from the statuesque mechanics and onto real life shooting situations.
    The ego really isn't hurt and I'm happy she's doing so well at this.
    I'm going to put her up against some of my buddies that like to shoot just so I can see the look on their faces when she smokes them on targets.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011

I've informerly trained a couple of women to shoot guns for the first time here recently and it always amazes me how natural accuracy comes to them after they get over the "bang" part of firing a gun. They have no bad habits to fall back on and their mind is like a child's, where it's a clean slate for learning and they don't know any limitations that would otherwise hold them back. :yesway:

Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    It's great that she enjoys shooting and is good at it. Nothing wrong with having backup to defend your home and family!

tblosl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Evansville
    Bruised male ego....
    She's had her Kimber 1911 for less than 3 months now and just beat me by 2 pts on a paper shoot to 100 pts.
    Watch it guys...

Well at least you are a good teacher.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Bruised male ego....
    Watch it guys...
    MOST women, with PROPER training, WILL outshoot their male counterparts... Their NERVOUS system is DIFFERENT, and their breathing is different than ours..... Be a PROUD TEACHER !!!!!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Looks like you better keep the gun in her night stand instead of yours!:):
    Punching paper is one thing. Personal protection is another entirely. She's got a long way to go in that area. Her situational awareness is basically non existant but we're working on it.
    I'm slowly teaching her to keep her distance from possible areas of conflict and play a "chess match" in the world around her.
    I'm by no means perfect but I've been around for over 6 decades and a significant stint in the USMC so I've got some worldly savvy to me.
    The rest is going to be up to her and to what level she wants to take her training. I tell her that shooting accurately is only a small part of gun ownership and that her mind-set is the most important aspect of survival.
    She's come a long way and no longer is satisfied to be a victim that only hopes for the best.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    My wife contiually out shoots her male counterparts during firearms qualifications. I recently shot a USPSA match and talked her into shooting the next one in Aug. with me. She is worried but I know she will do fine.

Top Bottom