Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    The NRA IS it's members! That's, to me, what makes these rants like this so laughably ridiculous. They look at the NRA like it's a one man show that fights against the majority of the country. What they can't grasp, or just refuse to recognize, is that the NRA only has any power because of the huge number of Americans that support it. They can't accept that they are outnumbered. They can't comprehend how their heroes don't get elected/re-elected after supporting gun control. The NRA is their comfort blanky. They hang onto it as an explanation so they don't have to admit they are on the losing side of popular opinion.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    'Real Sports' host Bryant Gumbel: NRA is 'curse upon the American landscape' | Fox News

I hope this isn't a dupe. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Having said that, I think Gumbel's comments are asinine. In essence, he is basically saying that not only the NRA are pigs, but by extension, its members. What is he basing his opinion on?? Those are pretty strong words to categorize an entire group of people.

Good, maybe he can keep Peirce Morgan company in the unemployment line. It worked out so well for him, until they fired him. If you do a search for peirce morgan gets owned, several video's come up where he lost a gun debate with , oh, about everyone. Ted Nugent also buried him in the debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57tFp462Mzk

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Bryant Gumbel, is he still around? I haven't heard his name in at least 20 years. Folks quit listening to his ramblings long before that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Who? People attempting to cling to lime light or relevance often say things to get some attention. It obviously works. Next he can oil up and pose naked or tweet about American sniper.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I still can't understand the thinking on this...and please, tell me if I'm wrong; Democrats are mostly pro union. Members pay dues for representation and fair treatment so that "the man" can't inflict unfair treatment upon it's members. Now, we join the NRA, and as members, we pay dues so we can have representation and fair treatment so that "the man" can't inflict unfair treatment upon its members.

Haven't seen or heard from Gumble in years...he can go away again and suck it while he's doing so...

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'm sure his publicist has been tutoring Mr. Gumball on how to use Alinsky's Rules here. Looks like Rule #5:

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

It doesn't matter that what he's saying about the NRA is a lie, the point is that everyone just "knows" they are evil. Of course there are no liberal favorites such as Planned Parenthood that actually kill humans for profit are there?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Pigs? Is that really an insult? Pigs are noble creatures who lay down their lives so that we may eat bacon.:bow:

There are far worse things you can call someone. Democrat leaps to mind. Gun control advocate. Liberal, in the modern sense, not the Thomas Jefferson sense.:laugh:

Top Bottom