• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Where does 'BS' marked .223 brass come from? I cant find any info online. In sizing they pull out my decapper pin ,the primer hole is that small!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    There's a lot of good brass, that can be bought cheap, so, WHY...

I don't know what BS is either, but you can always drill out the flash hole to make it easier the next time.

Probably not a wise move-too much chance of error on oversize.
    This can make for a "Very Loose" primer upon firing??? Bill.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    C'mon Bill....Not talking about drilling out the primer pocket, just the flash hole. The little hole that is grabbing his decapping rod. Right?:)

I know what you are saying, SF.

When you open the flash hole too much, there IS a chance to over pressure the seat of the primer, and blow the primer out to "Who knows where".

I doubt if the OP would ever drill out the flash hole that large, but THIS is also the FIRST time that I have read about the proper use of "BS" brass??HA HA...Bill.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I know what you are saying, SF.

When you open the flash hole too much, there IS a chance to over pressure the seat of the primer, and blow the primer out to "Who knows where".

I doubt if the OP would ever drill out the flash hole that large, but THIS is also the FIRST time that I have read about the proper use of "BS" brass??HA HA...Bill.

You are right Mr BillyBob, I posted with the assumption that the OP would just drill it out to the "standard" size flash hole. One must never make assumptions when posting on the internet.

Spanking taken with a smile...

(PS I have been looking for that headstamp and I cannot find it. Anywhere)

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Good deal SF.

You are right Mr BillyBob, I posted with the assumption that the OP would just drill it out to the "standard" size flash hole. One must never make assumptions when posting on the internet.

Spanking taken with a smile...

(PS I have been looking for that headstamp and I cannot find it. Anywhere)

Yea, this thinking also jogs my memory of making wax loads for revolvers.

Just drill the flash hole oversize, "Cookie Cut" paraffin wax, install PRIMER ONLY, and have some fun with cardboard boxes....It DOES make for a DIRTY revolver, but is FUN..HA HA..Bill.

PS: Then THROW AWAY that drilled brass-OR- problems that we just discussed WILL happen..

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Yea, this thinking also jogs my memory of making wax loads for revolvers.

Just drill the flash hole oversize, "Cookie Cut" paraffin wax, install PRIMER ONLY, and have some fun with cardboard boxes....It DOES make for a DIRTY revolver, but is FUN..HA HA..Bill.

PS: Then THROW AWAY that drilled brass-OR- problems that we just discussed WILL happen..

Not just wax. But cotten balls too. Before the modern Force on Force ammo. We painted the whole case red and cycled the 1911 slide by hand. Searched buildings and got stung by cotten balls. And of course rubber bullets. Although I didn't do too much with rubber. They WOULD put an eye out.

We are on the same page, my brother.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Where does 'BS' marked .223 brass come from? I cant find any info online. In sizing they pull out my decapper pin ,the primer hole is that small!

Could you post a picture of the headstamp? Are you sure the headstamp isn't SB? If it's SB then the the cases are either Armscor or Santa Barbara.

Linky to ATF webpage: S

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Oh my mistake ,its 'HB' not BS ,I was thinking BS' because of the trouble haha,yes ,I'll drill'em out ,later,if brass gets hard to come by in the future. So,how about HB ,what maker ?

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Hirtenberger? Have had primer issues with this stuff.(fell out and jammed my AR. New
    Ammo not reloads)

Top Bottom