• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    At least, that's what Seth Slabaugh would have you believe. Here is an article, ignorantly written for The Star Press attempting to justify BSU's no-gun(except of the oh-so-trustworthy-and-dependable police) policy.

Read the article and the comments and post away my brethren. :patriot:

Last edited:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Time to make random mwags from a payphone, time to shut down "higher learning" for a few weeks. Won't even be lying because I'll be carrying on my random visits there, no law against mwagging myself is there? Just a concerned citizen.

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    If that university accepts our tax money and you know it does, then that to me says it is not private property, and not exempt from the 2nd ammendment! Period! Guess my kids won't be going there. Want to take our rights away? You won't be taking our money! Sounds like they need to hire some history and government professors, of course alot of them don't study the 2nd ammendment either!

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    If that university accepts our tax money and you know it does, then that to me says it is not private property, and not exempt from the 2nd ammendment! Period! Guess my kids won't be going there. Want to take our rights away? You won't be taking our money! Sounds like they need to hire some history and government professors, of course alot of them don't study the 2nd ammendment either!
    Sadly, administrative code gives them the legal ability to make their own regulations despite the grounds being public property. Things could have been different if SB97 would have passed committee.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Time to make random mwags from a payphone, time to shut down "higher learning" for a few weeks. Won't even be lying because I'll be carrying on my random visits there, no law against mwagging myself is there? Just a concerned citizen.

epic

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    doesnt their jurisdiction only apply to their buildings? for instance, if i were to walk down the street, and that street happened to run through BSU campus, or to a restaurant (example: Scotty's Brewhouse) that happens to be "on" ball state grounds, then there's nothing they could do about that right?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Sadly, administrative code gives them the legal ability to make their own regulations despite the grounds being public property. Things could have been different if SB97 would have passed committee.

They can't unilaterally declare carrying "illegal" which means that there is some penalty applied by the state. They can coerce students, staff, and faculty by threats of expulsion or firing but that's about it. Everyone else they can only ask to leave.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    doesnt their jurisdiction only apply to their buildings? for instance, if i were to walk down the street, and that street happened to run through BSU campus, or to a restaurant (example: Scotty's Brewhouse) that happens to be "on" ball state grounds, then there's nothing they could do about that right?
    They make regulations for the campus. Any streets that run through there or any establishments that are on the property are subject to those regulations.

They can't unilaterally declare carrying "illegal" which means that there is some penalty applied by the state. They can coerce students, staff, and faculty by threats of expulsion or firing but that's about it. Everyone else they can only ask to leave.
    This is what I meant. I should have clarified that.

Top Bottom