• nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    *Knives
    boy i feel dumb

proud owner of a buck 119 :) it saw many a year with my grandpa on his hunting escapades, and has seen a few with me. sure its old fashioned, and it may not be the prettiest of knifes. but you get your hands on one, and you'll feel that it was made to last

Last edited:

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    My first quality knife was a Buck 110 I got as a birthday present when I was 7 or 8. I still have the knife and the sheath and they are both still in amazing condition considering the use and abuse they were subject to in my youth.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    *Knives
    boy i feel dumb

proud owner of a buck 119 :) it saw many a year with my grandpa on his hunting escapades, and has seen a few with me. sure its old fashioned, and it may not be the prettiest of knifes. but you get your hands on one, and you'll feel that it was made to last

To this day, they are my favor knives. I had a 110 as a kid. I have been looking at getting a new 119.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Old Bucks are the greatest. I've got 2 110's one with stag handles and the open top brown sheath(never used or sharpened yet) 2 119's and a 120. All are from the early 70's.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I recently sold my buck 119. I bought it new about 4 years ago. I had the same one when I was a kid. Bought when I was 14 or 15 from Dunhams back when they were at the Greenwood mall. Somebody stole it out of my car when I was 20.

I really liked it but it wasn't getting any use at all. A buck knife deserves to be owned by someone who's going to use it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There does not exist a folding knife that feels better in the hand than the later editions of the Buck [STRIKE]119[/STRIKE] 112.

I'm stupid. I got the model number wrong. The 119 is that smaller fixed blade, and I was talking about the model 110's li'l brother.

Last edited:

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I also had a 119 when I was in highschool that I kept in my truck but somewhere along the line one of my "friends" decided they needed it more then I did. I still miss that knife everytime I see one in a store or online.

dobeluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    I have a 105 with the black handle, and a 119 with the cocobola handle. Both were given to me by my wife for Christmas two years ago.

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I lost a brand new Buck knife on my first deer hunting trip. I bought a new one when I got back and still have it after almost 20 years. Not much better than a buck! I'll never carry anything but a Buck for hunting. They will cut through the pelvis of a deer instead of using a saw!

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    i think this coming paycheck i'm going to try and find a new sheath for it. i'd like a synthetic one honestly, buy i'd take whatever just to be able to carry it again

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Build your custom 110 Hunter: (It's a great way to waste time at work)

BUCK

I like the elk horn with brass bolsters if anyone is looking to buy me a gift.

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    didnt even realize that Buck knives were so expensive until i looked at that website! replacing my Special, the name for my 119, would set me back 85 bucks (pun intended :P)

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    Since you're in Muncie, I'm not sure if they still do, but the northside Walmart used to always have a buck 119 in the case fro about 40 bucks I think. I could be wrong, but you might check it out if you're there. it would be on the back side of the case if they have it.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I have a 110 that I received as a gift in my late teens. It is a great knife, I used it for years at work (it took a lot of abuse.) Now it is my primary hunting knife, and is razor sharp.

I now carry a Buck Whittaker (multi-tool), while not the quality of my 110 or prince knives, it is a tool that if lost or broken I'm not too worried about, and it does the job.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I have a Buck 119 that I've carried off and on for more than a decade. It's the only knife that I've ever had someone ask me to not carry it into their store (for the record, two different wally worlds, including the one that I bought it at). I'm not a fan of how it rattles in the sheath, and I've contemplated getting or making a new sheath for it myself.

I have a Buck Alpha Hunter that I carry, or did until the belt loop on the sheath came unstitched. I carry it in my daily pack but I am absolutely going to get or make a new sheath for it. I want to return it to my belt where it belongs.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    It's the only knife that I've ever had someone ask me to not carry it into their store (for the record, two different wally worlds, including the one that I bought it at).

This has never happened to me. There was even a time in my life where I was carrying a butcher knife in a sheath in my belt pretty much samurai style except for it was on my right side. My boss didn't even say anything at my job which is retail at a bookstore. You might ask why I carried a butcher knife. It was a dollar at the flea market, held a good edge, fit a sheath for a knife I already had, and I didn't have to worry about breaking it or anything because it was so cheap.

Top Bottom