• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So I am told that up to recently Bud Light was the number one selling brand? So what is it about that particular rendition that made it number one? From what I understand it’s nothing special so why the status of number one selling beer? Corona appears to be the same way nothing special? So was it marketing and advertising that put them in the top seller Slot?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Bud lite was cheap, heavily promoted, and it was on sale often. I never cared for it. If a person was looking to pound 12 in a night, you generally do not pay for premium products for that use.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I would of never guessed it as a best selling beer. I don't know a single person that drinks it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So I am told that up to recently Bud Light was the number one selling brand? So what is it about that particular rendition that made it number one? From what I understand it’s nothing special so why the status of number one selling beer? Corona appears to be the same way nothing special? So was it marketing and advertising that put them in the top seller Slot?
    The big reason was if you popped a top of bud light your pickup truck was magically transported to the beach and bikini girls would pop up. Now your truck goes to gay bars and trans pop up…

They are both the same parent company. Probably all made the same and marketed well until now…

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    They are both the same parent company. Probably all made the same and marketed well until now…
    From first hand experience, we like to put beer in our Chili, the dark beer from ALDI‘s is far superior in flavor to Bud light etc, we have also found that darker beers will work wonders for a sick goat. The hops really help their rumen.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I remember years ago, hanging out in my shop, drinking Coors light, playing on INGO, while working on an HK on my bench.

ChurchMouse would be in his shop, drinking Bud Light, with a tranny stripped on his bench. Good times!

I’ll bet ChurchMouse is Coors Light drinker now.
    :shady: :cool:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Marketing. Bud was a marketing power house for maybe 25-ish years. They had a ton of memorable ad campaigns that entered the cultural lexicon, even among non beer drinkers. Light beer and cigarettes rely real real heavily on image and lifestyle marketing to differentiate themselves from their competition since there's so little substantive difference otherwise.

Bud campaigns that even non-beer drinkers probably remember:

Talking frogs
    Real American Heroes, which became Real Men of Genius after 9/11. I *still* remember the one about the bad toupee wearer.
    Bud Bowl
    Clydesdales, from parades to playing football
    Spuds Mackenzie

They do brewery tours, sponsor sports, etc. Prior to InBev buying them out, AB was a marketing powerhouse who happened to brew beer. InBev decided to draw down a lot of their talent and the more iconic mega ad campaigns tapered off. Now, this.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Marketing. Bud was a marketing power house for maybe 25-ish years. They had a ton of memorable ad campaigns that entered the cultural lexicon, even among non beer drinkers. Light beer and cigarettes rely real real heavily on image and lifestyle marketing to differentiate themselves from their competition since there's so little substantive difference otherwise.

Bud campaigns that even non-beer drinkers probably remember:

Talking frogs
    Real American Heroes, which became Real Men of Genius after 9/11. I *still* remember the one about the bad toupee wearer.
    Bud Bowl
    Clydesdales, from parades to playing football
    Spuds Mackenzie

They do brewery tours, sponsor sports, etc. Prior to InBev buying them out, AB was a marketing powerhouse who happened to brew beer. InBev decided to draw down a lot of their talent and the more iconic mega ad campaigns tapered off. Now, this.

That sure brings up the other side of the conversation.

While I think we need to let them continue to struggle (and hopefully go bankrupt,) we still owe AB a huge thank you. This needed to happen some how some way.

The exposure to many aspects of this whole thing couldn't have been any better. Opened a LOT of eyes to a lot of things.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The big reason was if you popped a top of bud light your pickup truck was magically transported to the beach and bikini girls would pop up. Now your truck goes to gay bars and trans pop up…

The last quote was wrong but I cannot delete it. Corona is owned by Constellation…

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Strictly advertising to people with bad taste and just want to drink something.

If marketeers can make us drink crappy beer, just makes you think about politics...

Corona is **** because it's in clear bottles that lead to reacts that make it skunky.

I'll stick to my local microbrews... and Coors Banquet, which is a darn good American lager (and I'm a certified beer judge).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Strictly advertising to people with bad taste and just want to drink something.

If marketeers can make us drink crappy beer, just makes you think about politics...

Corona is **** because it's in clear bottles that lead to reacts that make it skunky.

I'll stick to my local microbrews... and Coors Banquet, which is a darn good American lager (and I'm a certified beer judge).
    On a related note, I swear there are actually TWO kinds of Corona Extra. Each looks identical to the other.

Because a Corona at home is NEVER as tasty as one at a Mexican restaurant.

:tinfoil:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On a related note, I swear there are actually TWO kinds of Corona Extra. Each looks identical to the other.

Because a Corona at home is NEVER as tasty as one at a Mexican restaurant.

:tinfoil:
    Likely. Depends on where it's brewed, and how long it takes to travel.

Also, they probably pull it from kegs which don't allow light in.

Top Bottom