• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    So this dude who didn't know a $1200 Bushmaster was a bad deal all the sudden knows what a "quality" AR is?

Has he been reading the Internetz?

It sounds like you steered him in the right direction with the cheaper ARs. My #1 piece of advice for all those "I need a $1200 AR because someone on the internet said I do" is to buy that $500 AR, $500 worth of ammo, and take a $200 training class.

Exactly. Your friend will be much more effective with a $500 rifle and $200 worth of training than he will with a $1500 rifle and less training.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    $1200 should get a NICE AR, NOT an entry level...

So this dude who didn't know a $1200 Bushmaster was a bad deal all the sudden knows what a "quality" AR is?

Has he been reading the Internetz?

It sounds like you steered him in the right direction with the cheaper ARs. My #1 piece of advice for all those "I need a $1200 AR because someone on the internet said I do" is to buy that $500 AR, $500 worth of ammo, and take a $200 training class.
    QFT

Tell him to do the research on what quality actually is and then build one himself, and shoot it, and then start reloading for it. His budget should be ample enough for that. If he's only wanting one (ARs are usually like tattoos, start with one and then you suddenly have ten) then it might as well be EXACTLY what he wants from the start. Nothing is more annoying than "this is a great rifle but I'd kinda rather have XX stock or YY trigger instead" because you bought a rifle that someone else thought was perfect.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    The 1 in 7 is better for longer/heavier bullets, but the 1 in 9 is good up to at least 69gr SMK's.

My experience on this isn't true. My 1:9 groups aren't as tight as my 1:7 w/ 55gr. I hardly use anything heavier due to cost. Shot a cheap wolf on an 11.5" 1:7 twist and was able to head shot a tight group on A zone on a metric USPSA target at 110 yards. My 16" 1:9 couldn't group like that.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    SIG M400
    Shoots a little straighter than most plus no malfunctions in about 5k.
    The coolest part is the single point sling hook up is made into the lower receiver.
    Training is for the birds the more you spend the better you shoot.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    BCM
    Spikes

he won't find a new Daniel Defense for that price unless he buys used. BCM or Spikes will do him just as good as anything. DAniel Defenses aren't any better than a BCM. I have both. Also have factory spikes both in basic configuration and a factory built crusader rifle. No complaints with spikes either.

If he buys a BCM he should buy a factory upper and a factory lower (a blem if he can find one). BCM sells them seperate to save the customers money because if you buy a factory complete rifle the manufacturer is assessed a tax that they pass onto the consumer. Buy a upper and a lower seperate there is no extra fee. BCM is wonderful and there will be the same
    fit as if you bought it factory matched. But it will save him a couple hundred dollars or so.

Top Bottom