Budget AR rifles and lower receiver quality?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willdabeast77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2016
    Charlestown
    I (as many here have) got the Anderson lower and had no troubles at all. I wasn't going dirt cheap with everything but my goal was to be under $600 said and done for a functioning rifle which i have done. Everything was nice and tight with the build and the Cmmg lpk worked out great. I have a Red X arms heavy barrel upper and it fits nicely atop the Anderson. If you got the extra fundage to have a flashy lower than do it, but this one is just like any other lower....it works!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They Aero receivers are literally $10 more, and they're SO much better. Hell, their matched upper/lower sets are only $120 shipped. I really don't understand buying something of such inferior quality to save $10.

But I guess that's the beauty of the free market. Buyers are free to make their own decisions and choose what they want.

In my limited experience, Aero Precision offers the best balance of value and quality.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I really don't understand buying something of such inferior quality to save $10.
    Look around the gun culture in general, it's made up of vastly more "cheap Charlie's" than people who demand quality. Look at all the threads here that have the phrase "looking for a cheap alternative". I've found that too many "gun guys" will sell their soul for $1 off, just think what they'd do for $10? Let's not even talk about the guys that still think all ARs and AR parts are the same!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    For the purely range toy that I'm currently assembling...inexpensive is the name of the game. So, I bought a stripped Anderson SEVERAL months ago.

IF I do anything else coming up... Aero it is.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Look around the gun culture in general, it's made up of vastly more "cheap Charlie's" than people who demand quality. Look at all the threads here that have the phrase "looking for a cheap alternative". I've found that too many "gun guys" will sell their soul for $1 off, just think what they'd do for $10? Let's not even talk about the guys that still think all ARs and AR parts are the same!

Ever try to sell anything in the classifieds here? ;)

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I've built a lot of Black Rifles with many different Lowers. Several Anderson's, none of them had "Machine Marks" or any problems. Only problem I've ever had was on a Spikes, I had to chase the threads for the Grip, their Tap must have been dull.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems to be a hit or miss with Anderson. I've used 2 of their stripped lowers for builds without issue and I also own a complete factory built Anderson rifle with their proprietary RF85 treatment that I have had zero issues with.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Seems to be a hit or miss with Anderson. I've used 2 of their stripped lowers for builds without issue and I also own a complete factory built Anderson rifle with their proprietary RF85 treatment that I have had zero issues with.

And we usually only hear about the problem items and not the ones without problems of course.

Top Bottom