• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I carry a knife everyday because it's a useful tool to have and I have been thinking about getting an spring assisted or "auto" knife and see how I liked them. I have kept from getting one because I tend to lose knives, a lot... Like a lot. This last Remington that I have got has lasted me over a year which is pretty shocking so I decided to try for a little more expensive knife and I've been wanting something spring loaded. I have been looking at a Gerber DMF or Boker AK both seem to have decent reviews and are in my budget. I don't want to spend a ton the first time around, because I'll probably lose it. I've also read that some people are pretty happy with the Chinese Mircotech clones, but I'm pretty skeptical of this. So if you had to suggest one what would it be? Budget $30-$65 and must have a knife clip or can have a knife clip installed.

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-31-000583-Tanto-Serrated-Folder/dp/B004DSX1DS

http://www.amazon.com/Boker-Plus-Ka...&qid=1442613561&sr=1-15&keywords=boker+knives

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I carry a knife everyday because it's a useful tool to have and I have been thinking about getting an spring assisted or "auto" knife and see how I liked them. I have kept from getting one because I tend to lose knives, a lot... Like a lot. This last Remington that I have got has lasted me over a year which is pretty shocking so I decided to try for a little more expensive knife and I've been wanting something spring loaded. I have been looking at a Gerber DMF or Boker AK both seem to have decent reviews and are in my budget. I don't want to spend a ton the first time around, because I'll probably lose it. I've also read that some people are pretty happy with the Chinese Mircotech clones, but I'm pretty skeptical of this. So if you had to suggest one what would it be? Budget $30-$65 and must have a knife clip or can have a knife clip installed.

http://www.amazon.com/Boker-Plus-Ka...&qid=1442613561&sr=1-15&keywords=boker+knives

Both of your above links are to the manual version models (non auto).

IMO...save a little more, and buy one of the Kershaw Launch models for around $100.00. They are USA made, use CPM 154 steel for the blade, and have a life time warranty.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Both of your above links are to the manual version models (non auto).

IMO...save a little more, and buy one of the Kershaw Launch models for around $100.00. They are USA made, use CPM 154 steel for the blade, and have a life time warranty.

Those never came in my brief google search. I'll look them up. Do you carry them?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been carrying and using a Kershaw Launch #1 since Brad waylaid me at the Lafayette Gun Show a month ago.

For $100, it's a very good tool. The opening is brisk. The lock is strong. More importantly, the grip and blade are designed for actually using it as a knife. The blade is wide and thin, making it an exceptional slicer, especially with the belly it has. It's also deceptively light. Add that it's made from CPM 154 which takes a good edge and you've got a winner on a reasonable budget.

Kershaw should make a flipper version of this same knife in my opinion.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    You do know, that you can go to "knife kits.com" and buy just the coil springs to turn the BOKER into a full blown automatic. A drunk monkey could do the installation.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Uh . . . OD Green Launch #1?

<gulp!>
    Something something knife sobriety..... Oh wait I don't have a problem I can stop any time I want...... And the OD green is very cool and the Launch series are very nice and I support this suggestion. Kershaw Launch series is Knife Snob Approved TM.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I've been carrying and using a Kershaw Launch #1 since Brad waylaid me at the Lafayette Gun Show a month ago.

For $100, it's a very good tool. The opening is brisk. The lock is strong. More importantly, the grip and blade are designed for actually using it as a knife. The blade is wide and thin, making it an exceptional slicer, especially with the belly it has. It's also deceptively light. Add that it's made from CPM 154 which takes a good edge and you've got a winner on a reasonable budget.

Kershaw should make a flipper version of this same knife in my opinion.

But will it actually cut thru your finger. I only ask because,I want to hear from someone with first hand experience.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Something something knife sobriety..... Oh wait I don't have a problem I can stop any time I want...... And the OD green is very cool and the Launch series are very nice and I support this suggestion. Kershaw Launch series is Knife Snob Approved TM.

I hate you.

But will it actually cut thru your finger. I only ask because,I want to hear from someone with first hand experience.

Pinky finger, yes. Thumb? Depends on how sharp it is and how hard you push.

The More You Know Moment: at some point a person gets a bulk discount on sutures and limb reattachments, but it's not until well after the annual out of pocket maximum is reached.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Uh . . . OD Green Launch #1?

<gulp!>

5 weeks clean and sober...

0072450403522_500X500.jpg

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks

BladeOps has Boker 47 converted to a full auto, asu8 steel for $39.95 and s30v steel for $59.99. They have a lot of name brand knives to look at. Boker Knives

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    BladeOps has Boker 47 converted to a full auto, asu8 steel for $39.95 and s30v steel for $59.99. They have a lot of name brand knives to look at. Boker Knives

Yes lets not support Brad and Sheila who are invaluable members of this forum and paid advertisers. Seriously support a local business and great people, Brad and Sheila go to great lengths to help members of this forum. There is a reason people on INGO recommend them so highly and I am very proud to call them very close friends of mine.

Top Bottom